TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

A.I.R.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.I.R.
    Posted: Sep/06/2021 at 10:01am
finaly got the last parts for my S/C's smog system... 

Edited by hacksaw1971 - Sep/06/2021 at 10:06am
its the little things that make the biggest difference
74_401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74_401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2021 at 12:54pm
Nice.

I collected all the old AIR stuff for one of my project cars a while back. It was time-consuming & expensive then, I'm sure its not any less of either now.

Still not sure I can bring myself to put all that crap back on or not, but at least its all there if its the route I take with it. If I leave it off, at least it'll be there should (when, lets be honest) it eventually sells.

Emission crap is probably the least exciting part of parts hunting, and most anti-climatic to open and inspect. Oh Look! I just got this ugly, horsepower-robbing piece of junk! Yay! LOL

hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2021 at 3:41pm
ya it is not the coolest part of it.... i am going to cheat tho and use the free flow on the pass. side. that should make up for whatever i loose by turning the belt for the pump. 
its the little things that make the biggest difference
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2021 at 12:00am
The last time that I saw the Factory Smog System, on my wife's '74 Javelin, was back in early '75, when I threw it into the nearest dumpsterCool....
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic