TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

327 oil pan end seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnagorka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 327 oil pan end seals
    Posted: Jul/28/2021 at 8:37pm
Here's a quick one: looks like I have to take the oil pan off my '61 Ambo to fix a dent in it; all the oil pan gaskets for sale show two pieces of cork, with each end having a tab on it. What about the end seals? I've never pulled on of these off and I'm dreading it. Anyway, for something like a timing cover set seals are included. Are you supposed to make your own? Sorry for the noob question but I think I'm missing something.

CN
1961 Ambassador Custom, 1967 Ambassador 990, 1960 Rambler Six Super, '65 American 440
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2021 at 9:10pm
The tabs connect to each other to form a single gasket. Just the two pieces are all you need.
AMO Newsletter Editor
cnagorka View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnagorka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2021 at 9:58pm
That would explain it!

Glad to know I don't need anything else.

CN
1961 Ambassador Custom, 1967 Ambassador 990, 1960 Rambler Six Super, '65 American 440
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic