TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

turn signal housing/ shift selector housing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote db6457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: turn signal housing/ shift selector housing
    Posted: Jul/26/2021 at 11:41pm
Hello every one I have a 1964 Rambler American. I removed turn signal housing upon putting it back on, there's about a 3/16 gap between turn signal housing and shift selector housing. There's a small plate (with 2 screws) that screws to the bottom of the turn signal housing that hits the shift selector thus not enabling the 2 housing to meet and leaving a gap the other side of the housing where the turn signal switch mounts is ok no gap. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem? Thank you
db6457 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote db6457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2021 at 5:29pm
 Hello every one I figured out how to close the gap between the shift selector housing and the turn signal housing I had to take the shift selector out of park (believed I had to put it in neutral or drive) and then work the two housing together also had to put plastic spacer on steering shaft  and not on turn signal housing then put the two housing together. Thank you
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2021 at 5:52pm
Well done!  I am new to the AMC business and have a 68 so not able to help much on the older cars.  I had my column and still cant say I understand why it is put together as they designed it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic