TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Identifying a Defroster Duct/Tube Early AMX/Jav
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Identifying a Defroster Duct/Tube Early AMX/Jav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identifying a Defroster Duct/Tube Early AMX/Jav
    Posted: Jul/18/2021 at 9:31am
Needing help identifying the application of a couple defroster duct/tube for 68-70 AMX Jav.  Parts Lookup is 13.118.7 but I cant find either one of the molded-in part numbers.  Looking to sell, but don't know the specific applications.

The shorter one is 3-3/4" with no locating tab on top - Molded in part #3189611

The second one is 4-1/16" with a locating tab on top - Molded in part #3195436

troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2021 at 11:11pm
Except that mine is white, the one out of my 70 AMX is the 2nd one, with the tab.  I get 4-1/8" tall, not including the tab.  And I wrote my part number down as 3195426.  Hoping the part # isn't too important cause I'd have to walk back out to the shop in the humid heat.  Or maybe the "26" is white and the "36" is black.
Bill O.
70 AMX
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2021 at 6:24am
Thanks!  No need for a part number, just looking for application.  I am pretty confident that the top one is for 68-69 and the bottom one came with a box of 70 items (who knows what might have gotten mixed in?).  Pretty sure both are for Non-AC.
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2021 at 9:32pm
I venture that both are the intermediate duct from the A/C or heater box to the ducts; either A/C or heater/defrost.
Mike
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2021 at 10:22pm
I can't vouch for being similar to an A/C car.  Mine is non-A/C.  It is only for the windshield defrost vents.  Don't know if A/C cars also pumped cold air to the defrost back then.
Bill O.
70 AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic