TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1961 American engine pics needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenner17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1961 American engine pics needed
    Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 7:36pm
 Hi,

Looking for anyone who would have pics on a flathead 1961 American. I need to see the oil filter assembly, carb choke tube location and stock air cleaner assembly. Mine are missing and I would like to see if possible what I need to find.  Thanks  Bob J
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 9:00pm
Contact Galvins AMC Rambler Parts. (Call phone#)

They have extensive supply of used parts for our favorite AMC Rambler cars.
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
KMag View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2021 at 2:33pm

The top photo shows the return oil line, the bottom shows the supply line. 

The bottom photo shows the heat tube for the choke. There is a sheet metal collector that goes over the exhaust manifold where the heat tube is inserted. I circled the collector and heat tube.
1959 Rambler American (under restoration)
jenner17 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenner17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2021 at 8:14pm
Thank you for all the help  Answered my questions  Smile
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2021 at 11:17am
Ok, I have a question, if I change the carburetor and it appears to not need the heat tube from the exhaust manifold, but will use a electric choke, does that meen I need to redirect the heat from this heat tube or block it off somehow?
KMag View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2021 at 11:41am
No. The heat tube just slides into the metal collector. It doesn't connect to the exhaust manifold. Only to the carburetor. Just pull it out and you're done.
1959 Rambler American (under restoration)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic