TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4 speed mish-mash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2021 at 1:43pm
The one I'm using is on the Novak-adapt.com website.  Its new made to adapt some Ford 4-speeds to either 6 or 8 cyl. AMC engines.  It has the larger square butterfly bolt pattern for the top loader as well as a t176/t150.

The site is mainly for adapting drivetrains from different manf. for 4x4's, and there is a lot of info into various parts and what can fit into/onto what.
72 Javelin SST P code 360/auto/AC/rear defrost /Go Pack/Polar White w blue cord interior.
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2021 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by CHAR CHAR wrote:

Is there anyone who an tell me if the bolt pattern for a pressure plate to an AMC flywheel is proprietary?  Since I cant find a working T10 new or old for under 2500 bucks, I'm looking at installing a Ford toploader out of a old Fairlane 427 project into my Javelin with a 360 currently sporting a A727 with a bad front seal.  The bellhousing, clutch linkage and pedal and a new billet flywheel are all taken care of.  I just need to find out if a PP for a 10.5-11" Ford will bolt on without drilling it, or what is the diameter of the PP hat, B&B or diaphragm style, so I can see about what throwout bearing is needed.  I was looking at Centerforce dual disc for the unit parts but havent heard back from an email inquiry yet.

thx!

Char--PM sent
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic