TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 195.6 ohv oiling system explaination and "how to".
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

195.6 ohv oiling system explaination and "how to".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2021 at 12:35pm
Ok, yes I will have to use the proper oil  system after reading these last few posts, and also with out being able to buy the 1/8 hose size.
I thought there was a desperate time crunch I was chasing down, and that was way more important then making sure I had the original oil  system, in my mind, I was worried about the assem lube losing it's integrity and not be able o perform well during the first several revolutions of the engine.
But now I've heard from someone maybe on this thread, I'm not sure, I have started a whole bunch! Trying to gather as much knowledge as quickly as I can now, before it was a little more relaxed pace, because I didn't know about the engine having a time limit waiting to go through the start up.
Anyways, some one said not to worry about the engine lube drying up, so now it's alittle less intense I geuss, or maybe it depends on the type of lube used? But yeah, so now I feel I have more time and the oil pipes and filter have more priority, and also, the electric system is also on the list of jobs before the break in, and I've just recently been able to say to myself ok, you have to wait untill these other things are taken care of and the engine lube drying up issue/inside of engine needing to have been splashed with oil will have to wait and there's nothing you can do about it, so you might as well relax and do those other jobs because they have to be done first and that's just thy way things have turned out.

Edited by 1958 rambler super - Jun/26/2021 at 12:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic