TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1978 Concord Hatch Hinges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 Concord Hatch Hinges
    Posted: Apr/19/2021 at 9:35pm
Taking a shot here....I am looking to replace a set of hatch hinges on my 78 Concord....Is there any other hinge that will fit...For example i used YJ door handles as a replacement on the car
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2021 at 12:19am
O.B.R.  
I looked to see if I could access the parts lists and had some problems getting to that info so this is a guess until verified.

78 is one of the weird years for AMC.  They introduced redesigns and new models.  The Concord was a 1 year only model putting the 77 Gremlin front end on and creating a new taillight that would be used for 78 and 79 Concord only. 

Without checking the books or having both Hatch Hinges handy, I would say that the 76 and 77 Hornet Hinges would be where I would look.  I have a 78 Concord AMX and have parted some out.  I don't recall keeping the hinges but if I run across any, I will drop you a line.  I have a friend who has 77 Hornet AMXs, next time I visit him, I will take a look at his hinges.

You won't get as lucky as you did for the door handles.

Dave
Norfolk,VA

ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2021 at 7:00am
I would think any hinges from '73 Hornet to '79 Concord Hatchback will fit. The hatch is the same
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2021 at 7:27am
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2021 at 8:58am
Scott,
Now you gone and brought the Wagon link over.  Now we are just going to have to see if O.B.R. has a Hatchback or a Wagon.

I assumed that when he said hatch we were talking Hatchback but of course I once priced a rear axle for a v8 Rogue and the guy selling it told me something under $100.  I pulled the "axle", the whole enchilada, and he and I talked about the difference between axle and differential for a little while.  He upped his price and I gladly paid for the "drum to drum" car part, call it what you will.  I recently visited him again and you know what?  He remembered me!  It has been 10 years or so.

So, I could be wrong on my assumption...

Dave
73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2021 at 9:56am
I think the OP needs to clarify if he's talking about a Concord wagon....or a Concord hatchback.
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2021 at 10:47am
I assumed he was talking about the wagon hatch, since I've been following his RWB Concord wagon build. But I've been wrong before.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic