TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bulltear serpentine for CJ7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2021 at 8:17am
Jeff, Forget the darn 1 wire and wire ti up correctly.   And, If you bolt on all the parts I supplied we can figure out the alternator bracket.  I'm pretty sure I sent you a recommendation for the alternator.   Once you chose the alternator then we can mock up the setup.   That's the best way to get the alignment just right.  I'll call you on Monday.

John
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2021 at 7:06am
The CS144 is just a bit big to work well with the Bulltear Serpentine kit. Go back and read the posts --  rang-a-stang had to drill the CS144 case to move the pivot bolt hole to make it work. That drilling of course voids the warranty. If that's nopt an issue for you it WILL work. Note that he mentioned having to buy a drill bit (and luckily carries a drill!) and drill an replacement when needed on a trip. Not everyone carries a drill with them, but Jeepers on off-road trips typically carry more tools than someone traveling in a car.

Edited by farna - May/10/2021 at 7:08am
Frank Swygert
rang-a-stang View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rang-a-stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2021 at 11:24am
Good answer! Also, if you look at how far out my alt is (how far out it hangs) in my picture in post #8, I am not sure it would fit inside a CJ engine bay. It fits in my FSJ engine bay with some decent room but my engine bay is cavernous compared to yours.

DO NOT BUY A 1 WIRE!!! You have already shown you need a decent amount of power at idle. 1 wire alts typically do not make as much power at idle. Find a good CS130 or upgraded SI style. Sounds like bbgjc has you covered, though. 
79 Cherokee, 401
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic