TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Great AMC Day - Event Date: May/28/2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2021 at 8:46am
Because I could not make this last GAD I am checking in to see pictures of what I missed and see this Cry

First I want to say thank you Mike and helpers who have put this together in the past and this last event.
It's sad to see this did not go on as planed but I know the party(s) at Mikes had to be good as they always were.

So who has pictures of the cars at the parties, we dont need to see things we should not be seeing as it can get some in  trouble unless you want to Wink
And who won what

Thanks again Mike Clap
Dave Grant
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2021 at 4:36pm
Hi Folks,
5.30 pm Saturday now, just tiding up around here a bit,,, good enough for today anyway.. still have a couple canapes to take down tomorrow.
I'm tired and time to relax!   I will get a full report put together and posted most likely tomorrow.
I will say, i had a Great AMC Day for sure! Big smile..
Mike
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2021 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by POS #1 POS #1 wrote:

Hi Folks,
5.30 pm Saturday now, just tiding up around here a bit,,, good enough for today anyway.. still have a couple canapes to take down tomorrow.
I'm tired and time to relax!   I will get a full report put together and posted most likely tomorrow.
I will say, i had a Great AMC Day for sure! Big smile..
Mike
Awesome to hear that Mike.
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2021 at 8:07pm
GAD (Great AMC Day) 2021
20 years ago GAD started at national trial raceway outside of columbus Ohio.
I have been piloting the event since it started. However it has been 20 years and time to either hope someone picks it up and continues the tradition i started, or it will sadly be retired.
I am no longer 38 and it takes so much energy to prep, for the event, and with a small business of my own, i just am not as fast at getting things done as i used to be.
I have made so many freinds @ GAD. Sadly alot of those friends have went different directions in life. either different brands or sadly have passed away.
I am very thankful and blessed to have had the success of being able to host the event for 20 years.
Very thankful for all the folks that have made the short or Long journey to attend at least 1 of the years.  The one thing i have always said is you will indeed have a GREAT AMC DAY, Rain or shine we aimed to make sure everyone enjoyed there selves. And Elsa or myself would lend a hand anyway we could to our Guests.

So let me start this years report with our Wonderful Sponsors that are behind the scenes!

High Country Graphics
James Sobel
J & K Resto mods
Damian Terrell
Ralph Winslow
Phoenex Rose Fastners
Mike's Auto Service
Elsa Luke
Bob And Bonnie Reed
Tom Guarr
Javelin Sue Lear
Dennis Becker
Jim Rose
Rob's home repair services
Control freaks
Jim & Debbie (Fuzz) Scheild
Weldon's Ice Cream
OAMO
Kennedy American
American Race Headers
Bazell Oil Co.
John Garland
Lucas Oil co.
BLP Race Products
Calvert Racing products
AMO Treasury Sales
 A-70's thing
Wirecare
QA-1
Motor mount raffle by 68_AMX_lS
Art of Thomas Estrada

we have a bunch of faithful sponsors and could not have hosted GAD without them.

Well, as most folks know, Sadly the race track portion of the event was cancelled due to rain.. But the weather has never stopped us from enjoying this wonderful time to gather with old friends as well as make new ones. And Yes, We had New faces attend this year even with the weather outlook.
So, really not a lot to be able to report on the race portion of GAD this year. We did Try to get the reaction practice tree ideal for the classes, but there was very little excitement for that ideal..
 So, i will move along to the car show portion ..
even with the bad weather (rain)!!!!!  thank goodness it wasn't snow, even tho it felt cold enough it might have !
Anyway.
1st place went to Mike Vaughn with his 67 Rebel
2nd place went to Brandon (?) Okea with his 69 BBB Javelin
3rd place went to Lonnie Landrith with his 74 Yellow AMX

This years McCorkle award was given to  Chris Abrell with his Awesome custom 74 Javelin!
And the Rotor head award went to Jon Ballanger!

there were about 5 different folks set up selling parts, not including if someone saw something i had they wanted to buy.. And yes, i sold a few things myself.
We did Have Yet another First for GAD!!!
A Burn Out contest!!!!!!
Jon Ballanger won 1st place with his Blown AMC 360 gremlin!!! 
POS came in second place.!-)

There was Plenty of food and drinks. Seemed nobody went hungry...  
and the friday nights Live music was again this year *The Crazy Gringos*

Again i want to thank EVERYONE that has attend or sponsored GAD over the years. It has been a Pleasure for sure!

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2021 at 8:47pm
Glad you were able to still have one last shop party Mike. I'm so glad I actually made a GAD back in 2018 and didn't just stop by missing the show like other eyars.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic