TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "1958 Rambler Super" mission fix it and drive it.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

"1958 Rambler Super" mission fix it and drive it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2024 at 8:31am
More than likely one of the arms is bent slightly. As noted, I have that problem with one, but the trunnion will move, though it binds slightly. I can't move the trunnion directly by hand, but I can move it with the steering knuckle (upright) screwed in for a little leverage. Then it moves freely enough, but that one cap is a little loose in the arm, so I'll attempt to tighten the hole in the arm than of course will tack weld it.

The inner arm mount really doesn't matter, whether bar or in the crossmember. Keeping the arms at the correct distance (at least very close to it) might if assembling the trunnion on the bench instead of with the arms in the car. Tom spells out how to check the arms for being bent on his site. I don't think mine are bad enough to bother with that, but you might want to.
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
  Share Topic