TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

LED replacements for regular bulbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jav Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2020 at 2:24pm
Thanks, this is great.  What color LED's did you use for the dash lights?
'69 Javelin SST
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2020 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by EVF_Sportabout EVF_Sportabout wrote:

Guys Try these!

Wow! Thorough list! Nice.
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

RobinPDX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinPDX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2020 at 1:27pm
Impressive list there.

The “superbrightleds” website worked for my Pontiac ok with the caveat I mentioned a few posts back yet was resolved.

Compare and price it out!
EVF_Sportabout View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVF_Sportabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2020 at 5:39pm
I used white LEDs in the dash lights, weather eye and column shift.  The factory blue green filters seem to like that best.

Turn signals I used Green
High beam I used blue
Oil, Alt, Park etc. I used red.

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVF_Sportabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2020 at 6:05pm
Everything here is LED. Actually everything on the car except the head lights are LED. The camera has a tough time capturing the lights in the dark it looks way better in person.  
It a pain project but was worth the results.
Remember the LEDs are polarity sensitive if they do not illuminate flip them and they will this is self explanatory when you have the dash cluster out to do the change.

Edited by EVF_Sportabout - Dec/23/2020 at 6:15pm
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVF_Sportabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2020 at 6:13pm
Regarding the Flasher if you replace only the tail lights the factory flasher should work fine.  If you replace the front lights and the dash turn signal lights you will need an electronic flasher for the signals and the hazards due to the current reduction the factory flasher will not work.

Marker lights have nothing to do with the flashers nor do the dash lights.  They will reduce current draw through the headlight switch. 

I got a red one on in this shot. Another thing I noticed is with bulbs there is an un evenness to the signals, high beam, Park, oil, Alt, Brake the LED is even.
I added the O2 sensor and guage trio on the package tray. Keeping them removeable though I doubt I will ever get into show judging its more fun to drive! 

Edited by EVF_Sportabout - Dec/23/2020 at 6:30pm
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2020 at 12:06am
Wow, that's great. Legibility over correctness is fine by me. I've had my '68's cluster out, scrubbed clean, made new color filter lenses and all that and even so, with new lamps, it's like a candle in there.

I think I'm gonna go your route here. THanks for the great posts.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EVF_Sportabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2020 at 12:29pm
You will be able to see everything better the difference was remarkable in our car!  Its actually my wife's car. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic