TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1973 Javelin AMX A/C Diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jac580_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 Javelin AMX A/C Diagram
    Posted: Nov/24/2020 at 1:08pm
I'm converting my 1973 Javelin from non-A/C to A/C. Does Anyone have a A/C Wiring Diagram that shows details from the main wiring harness to the blower relay and to the compressor. I have found what is in the TSM, but it doesn't show how it run from the engine bay to the main harness under the dash. I'm having to create the A/C Harness since my car was non A/C when I bought it. Any help would be appreciated. I think I looked at every HVAC subject here on the forum, but there's only information for a '71 and older. '73 routing I believe is different.  
CHAR View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2020 at 1:30pm
http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/AMC/1973/Service/index.html

For whatever reason, the wiring diagrams for the weather eye seem to be split.  Some in the electrical section, but mostly in the Weathereye section itself.  it just takes some studying.  Auto A/C systems were pretty much the same in all cars in that era as far as components and operation. You can always go to another manf. manual or the like and find the same info.  
72 Javelin SST P code 360/auto/AC/rear defrost /Go Pack/Polar White w blue cord interior.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2020 at 1:36pm
You may want to invest in a 73 TSM. They come in handy, no matter what you do with your car.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Jac580_1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jac580_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2020 at 9:43am
All, Thanks for the info. I do have a 73 TSM and it helps, but not quite understanding the wire routing from the blower motor relay back to the fuse and under the dash. I guess I will keep looking for more information and hope I can figure it out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic