TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2021 at 12:21pm
Its been a few years but it was straight forward, they have great support if you have questions along the way. Key to me is organizing tools, laying everything out and clean everything really good before you start. Only thing I altered was a header tube to get the angle I wanted for the power steering linkage. That was by choice though. If you haven't removed the original suspension already I would maybe get a hand with spring removal if you aren't experienced with them.
Thanks for the comment and good luck with your build!
Repsolroger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2021 at 1:30pm
thank you for the info . i ordered my american racing headers with the control freaks tubing mod.....so hopefully i wont have to do that........i showed my girlfriend ( for now LOL until gets sick of me spending on my money on the javy ) your grey paint job and she thought it is awesome color and i should paint mine like that.. i said ...i cant copy him LOL ...i like the uniqueness of your car.. some ppl like their cars remade totally stock.....i cant leave stuff alone and enjoy building them to fit ME..ill never sell it for what i put into it...but i dont care :-) cause ill never sell it 

1969 sst javelin restomod
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2021 at 9:01pm
interesting! I will have to contact arh about that, I got jack squat for clearance and want to get there 1 3/4 headers over the winter. Color is avalanche grey - ford used it on the gt 350 around 2019.My Javelin already had an engine & tranny swapped when I got it along with drums all around so I made it into what I wanted.. no regrets and its safer with the power its making.
Repsolroger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2021 at 12:16am
yah if you order the headers be prepared to wait....i think it took mine 7/8 weeks to build...they just got sent off and sc397 should be getting them on thursday.. he is the guy graciously and thankfully building my engine.... 
  but i kept emailing ARH....every week after a month asking on the status....on one i said .. i like how your being really careful but when you're  tig welding 1 tube every 5 days.......thats being really really careful....so do you have any status on date...finally some lady got ahold of me.....they will be shipped out on the 26th.. LOL 
1969 sst javelin restomod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic