TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Wipers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 7:00pm
Took the wiper motor out today , fun job at 60 , my chiropractor thanked me .. Anyhow after pulling the motor off the wiper frame , I tried spinning the gears by the wiper arm , everything spun fine and true , but when I turned the arm and pushed in slightly towards the gears I could feel the two plastic gears rubbing slightly , at the same time I could feel and hear metal grinding , almost stopping the arm . There was too much play up and down with the drive gear shaft in the housing , allowing the gears to rub and sending the shaft  into a spot in the housing that grinded and almost stopped the shaft . I just made a bronze washer maybe a 1/6 thick in  between the wiper arm and the shaft housing , keeping the shaft from going up and down in the housing while spinning . Put everything back together ( putting motor brushes and springs on the motor and housing back together is no fun ) Masking tape helps.. I'm glad to say everything is working great now ! First inspection since 2012 is tomorrow , wish me luck . Thanks all

Edited by 68-73 amx - Oct/27/2020 at 7:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic