TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

creepy thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2020 at 7:25am
Me , as long as I’m safe and dry I don’t really care 
I use drops carpet cardboard at my age my neck and back Pst for it when done
dream red white and blue
1968 Chicago auto show amx 290 4 speed
1969 driver Amx 290 auto
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2020 at 6:55pm
I am a big fan of the rubber mats that lock together, I think they are designed for camping or kids but they are handy for under the car or kneeling. As for the creeper, get one with good quality wheels.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2020 at 8:09pm
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
hoosieramx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosieramx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2021 at 7:53am
I also have a metal framed craftsman creeper that came from Sears online. It is the same model listed near the top of this thread, and is a nice solid unit which fulfills my needs. Purchased online, I think it set me back less than 50 bucks.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2021 at 8:16am
When I have to work on concrete I use a furniture movers blanket. I have several of them and always make sure to use the same side down. When and if they get to dirty I just toss them in the trash. Best part of them is they are so comfortable that I've been guilty of failing asleep under the car.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

When I have to work on concrete I use a furniture movers blanket. I have several of them and always make sure to use the same side down. When and if they get to dirty I just toss them in the trash. Best part of them is they are so comfortable that I've been guilty of failing asleep under the car.

Tom

Happy dreams, I'm sure!
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
mikesramblur View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikesramblur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2022 at 9:09am
Cardboard and the rubber mats that go together like a puzzle, but theres nothing like a large new piece of cardboard. I have 2 creepers that never get used. Being a long hair the wheels pull the hair out.
82 Spirit ..258 auto .. for now
SixunoSix View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SixunoSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by mikesramblur mikesramblur wrote:

Cardboard and the rubber mats that go together like a puzzle, but theres nothing like a large new piece of cardboard. I have 2 creepers that never get used. Being a long hair the wheels pull the hair out.

I agree about a fresh piece of cardboard, I like to treat my self to a nice Home Depot box!
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2022 at 6:50pm
I use my creeper for moving heavy objects around - right now I have a piece of 3/4” thick plywood zip-tied to it when I was moving my M11 around and for mating it to the engine. 

I’ve found that when you’re laying on it the slightest bit of something stops it dead when you’re scooting around. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic