TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

matador x coupe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 3:53am

garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 5:08pm
Nice looking car. Good job.
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
1987 Jeep Comanche Sportruck
mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2021 at 12:13am
No wonder my tank reads empty !LOL

Edited by mopar63 - Jun/27/2021 at 12:16am

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2022 at 3:24am
Whilst waiting for my front screen to turn up i have been fine tuning and fixing bits and bobs.
Only annoying issue was a mimor rear main seal leak.
Ended up pulling the engine and will do rings bearings etc too,comps were a bit low  the bores are glazed so a rering should bring benefits.
Motor actually ran real quiet with no fuming or smoke so was hesitant about pulling it but prob best thing to do especially as i found a bent pushrod ConfusedLOL

Edited by mopar63 - Apr/04/2022 at 3:26am

73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2022 at 10:54am
Originally posted by mopar63 mopar63 wrote:

Got sick of my bonnet hinges bending and twisting on the factory springs so i took off the springs and installed gad struts.much better.to be fair the hinges are worn and I still have to adjust them a bit, but at least they aren't fighting with the springs now !

I'd really like to see some detail pictures of how you created the mounts for the struts - this looks like a really slick solution!

Also - what part number/strut length did you use?
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2022 at 4:03am
Got the crank and pistons out .all original and looks pretty good.will freshen with bigends,mains and rings.heads look good but will have a quick look at the valves.prob do a wee lap job since i am this far in Big smile

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2022 at 4:18am
Originally posted by 73Gremlin401 73Gremlin401 wrote:

Originally posted by mopar63 mopar63 wrote:

Got sick of my bonnet hinges bending and twisting on the factory springs so i took off the springs and installed gad struts.much better.to be fair the hinges are worn and I still have to adjust them a bit, but at least they aren't fighting with the springs now !

I'd really like to see some detail pictures of how you created the mounts for the struts - this looks like a really slick solution!

Also - what part number/strut length did you use?
I will put some pics up in the next day or so of the bonnet /hood strut mounts.
was pretty simple with a couple of extra holes for adjustment.You guys might improve on it.the struts came of the tailgate for a Honda Oddessy, don't know if they sold them over there but there's plenty in New Zealand.
they made it easy to open and shut the hood and held it open ,the Matador does  have a big heavy long bonnet compared to a rebel so a small hatchback type strut may do the job too

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2022 at 4:54am
Heres some bad pics lol. One end of the srut is bolted through the inner guatd with a plate behind it.the bonnet end is a plate riveted to the inner frame with a couple of different strut bolt holes.
Will do better pics later.will also look better when i paint the bracket body colour.

mopar63 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopar63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2022 at 5:09am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic