TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1975 CJ5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1975 CJ5
    Posted: Mar/13/2020 at 3:44pm
Moving this from a discussion on the new guy page.
Spent the winter replacing the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, linkage, had the trans & TC gone through, radiator rebuilt, new water pump, rubber boots, misc gauge stuff.  
Took it out today first time in months.  
Would like to keep it all stock but decided to spend big $$(Just Empty Every Pocket) and get a DUI HEI ignition set up.  Hope to get past the demons of first generation AMC electronic ignition. Wish I'd just gone that route rather than replacing the dizzy, wires and ignition module with originals a few years back.  Ugh.
Then there's the CJ2's and 3b to keep wrenching on.  Something about these old, simple machines.
Am interested in hearing about other's Jeeps.
Bob
Nor Cal CJ5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nor Cal CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2020 at 9:30pm
Doing similar to my 1972 CJ5. While you're going thru the trans, I'm working on the heads.

I went the Petronics flamethrower distributer route and have been very happy. Unsure the differences between my 72' and your 75' distributor and electronics, but I bet either could be used.

Re-doing my motor except the rotating assembly - it has only 57,000 miles on it.

Get that 30 post count and post some pictures! We want to see!!!
1972 CJ5 304 2 barrel 3 speed
Bufordjeep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2020 at 5:06am
Trying to get to 30.  Is there a way to check how many I've logged?
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2020 at 9:08am
Looks like you're at 30 right now. 
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
1987 Jeep Comanche Sportruck
Bufordjeep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2020 at 9:13pm
Garweb - that's great news.  Will study up on how to post a picture, thanks!
Tinnman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2020 at 10:37pm
I got a 76 cj7 I've been working on for about 44 years.its my baby.i retired it in 1987 I do mud racing out here in colorado with it now .want to swap out the 304 for 360.
75Cj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75Cj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 10:53am
I started this rebuild September 2020, I am almost done. Cam just wiped a lobe so looks like I am going with a roller setup. 

1975 CJ5
AMC 304
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic