TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Javelin/AMX LED tail lights.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perrybones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2021 at 5:29pm
I just received and installed, not happy yet. Pain in the rump. If you want to have sequence operation, start running the "key operated" hot wire now. Also the grounds suck too and you will probably need to run ground wires too. Did you buy the special flasher? You need that too.
After installation, the parking lights lightly flash on both sides when you put on the turn signals, very annoying. Called for solution and went through all of their "tests" but found no weaknesses in grounding or voltages.
Another weird thing is that they put the "sequence selector" switch in the same hole as where you have to plug in the board (they have a short pigtail with a phony bulb stab that plugs into the outboard light bulb socket) to access the button to select the sequence, you need to remove the bulb socket from the housing, guess what, you lose the ground and the light stops working!
Why didnt they put the pushbutton in the inboard light socket hole that you dont end up using anyway?
Unsatisfied right now, been working on these lights for 3 days, even tried running ground wires directly to the friggin battery too! Junk right now
Perry 70 Javelin SST 390, 69 AMX 343, 73 AMX 360, 67 Rebel SST Conv and 92 Corvette Conv. (modern muscle to keep wife happy).
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 4:05pm
Anyone have install pics?  Waiting for the housings to come back from chrome plating then I want to get these installed.  Any help would be appreciated.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by RichBeyer RichBeyer wrote:

As the 71 lense and housing assembly is about 3" narrower than the 70, can the EP boards be mounted closer together to fit a 71?  Can the boards be mounted on the lense?

Have you tried calling them to see if they have them available for a 71-72? I thought someone on here was getting some made for their car. If they did, they should have them.

That was me, I sent them a tail light assembly ( 1 side) 
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Perrybones Perrybones wrote:

I just received and installed, not happy yet. Pain in the rump. If you want to have sequence operation, start running the "key operated" hot wire now. Also the grounds suck too and you will probably need to run ground wires too. Did you buy the special flasher? You need that too.
After installation, the parking lights lightly flash on both sides when you put on the turn signals, very annoying. Called for solution and went through all of their "tests" but found no weaknesses in grounding or voltages.
Another weird thing is that they put the "sequence selector" switch in the same hole as where you have to plug in the board (they have a short pigtail with a phony bulb stab that plugs into the outboard light bulb socket) to access the button to select the sequence, you need to remove the bulb socket from the housing, guess what, you lose the ground and the light stops working!
Why didnt they put the pushbutton in the inboard light socket hole that you dont end up using anyway?
Unsatisfied right now, been working on these lights for 3 days, even tried running ground wires directly to the friggin battery too! Junk right now

Gotta admit .... hearing this has dropped my confidence level.... please keep us updated ! 
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2021 at 8:10am
Perrybones,

Something must be amiss with the boards you have or something got hooked up incorrectly, or they messed up  the boards

The video on the website and the video on youtube are of the boards made for me. The first set.

Be patient, they are very busy there with lots of work coming their way. I'm sure they will help you get it figured out.

richbeyer
The boards pretty much fill the entire 70 housings, if the 71s are not as long, the 70 boards won't fit is my guess.

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Apr/21/2021 at 8:31am
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2022 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by RichBeyer RichBeyer wrote:

As the 71 lense and housing assembly is about 3" narrower than the 70, can the EP boards be mounted closer together to fit a 71?  Can the boards be mounted on the lense?

I sent in my housing and lens and just today they emailed me saying they are available in Aug 2022, here is a post about them if your still interested. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic