TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Freehold AMC/Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwrpacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freehold AMC/Jeep
    Posted: Dec/10/2021 at 9:05am
Does anyone know if  Feehold AMC/JEEP dealership
might be operating as a Jeep/
chrysler dealership in Freehold, NJ. My 1980 Pacer originally was sold at that dealership and I am trying to track down the first owner. From my research it looks like I am the 3rd owner, the second owner said he purchased it from an estate.  The Pacer had 4400 miles on it 10 years ago wheb I purchased it. Now has 8200 miles on it. The dealership sticker is still on the liftgate of the Pacer wagon.
javsst View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javsst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2021 at 2:48pm
Hard to say, not a lot of info on the NJ AMC Dealers.

The Freehold Jeep website indicates they've been in business for "over 25 years",  but its possible
that it was something else between the time AMC Dealers shutdown and Jeep Dealers.

I suspect that Chrysler probably tossed most of the AMC records when they took over though...

Update:  I did a little more digging around.  On a website called localautopoint.net, I did find that Freehold Chrysler was founded around 1981.  It might be worthwhile to give them a call to see if they know anything
about the old dealership.

Steve

Edited by javsst - Dec/10/2021 at 2:55pm
1970 Javelin SST Bittersweet Orange 360/T10 4 Speed AMC20 w/3.54s
1969 AMX BBO 360 with TF727 AMC20 w/4.10s
bwrpacer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwrpacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2021 at 8:11am
Thank you for information.  I am trying to enter it in the Greenbrier Concours this May and they ask about the history of the car. Two people with AMC's appied and have been accepted in the preservation class

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic