TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

GAD 18 - Event Date: May/24/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 2:33pm
I know what you mean about the thrash Ken,    engine for the POS is still on the stand. this dang pesky job to pay the bills gets in the way... lol...
over the winter i went ahead and had the remain 6 cyls. sleeved.. so all 8 are new.. running a 4.25 bore and kind of got tired of every 2 years a different cyl. wall would crack.. 
So, if i did my part putting it back together, it should be good to go...  (soon, i hope)!-)
start seeing everyone in 6 DAYS.....
Thumbs Up
oldamcer View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldamcer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 3:54pm
     All the cars are almost done,bought a cargo trailer. Time to start emptying the barns of parts. Bringing a load.
40 HudsonCoupe 304/904
33 Essex 315/904
47 Hudson 360/727/TorqueStorm

69 AmboWagon"The Flower Car"

50 StudeGasser360/T-400
74 HornetHatch 304/727
55 Hudson360/904

�
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2019 at 4:39pm
Safe travels and fun times wished to everyone attending. 
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 7:23am
Originally posted by oldamcer oldamcer wrote:

All the cars are almost done,bought a cargo trailer. Time to start emptying the barns of parts. Bringing a load.

I'm bringing a truckload of parts too, at clearance sale prices!
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2019 at 11:31am
Finally got my schedule cleared this morning so I'll finally get to attend the show for the first time. I haven't seen Mike in over 15 years when I bought a windshield and a tilt steering column at his shop for my 69 Rambler Rouge. 

Weather looks to be excellent on Friday with a high of 80 degrees and no rain.

Tom

Edited by PROSTOCKTOM - May/23/2019 at 7:30am
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2019 at 7:34pm
I would like to give a shout out to Mike and crew for another awesome GAD.   the weather was great .... great car show awesome parts vending and Races just fantastic .   all in all just another GREAT GAD.   Pacemakers dragway welcomed us with open arms and have a nice place for us to have this gathering. THANK YOU MIKE AND CREW for all that you do
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by amcglass amcglass wrote:

I would like to give a shout out to Mike and crew for another awesome GAD.   the weather was great .... great car show awesome parts vending and Races just fantastic .   all in all just another GREAT GAD.   Pacemakers dragway welcomed us with open arms and have a nice place for us to have this gathering. THANK YOU MIKE AND CREW for all that you do

I agree, another great event and I hope GAD stays at Pacemakers. It was difficult getting used to those 1/8 mile times on the boards though!
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2019 at 9:01pm

Same here as well! First time for me and I had a good time meeting forum members and a few others. I had never been to Pacemakers and I think it's a great track in a nice setting. Hope it stays there. I'm planning on going next year. It sure would be nice for people to bring their cars though. Wink

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2019 at 11:02pm

That it was, I finally got to my first GAD, as well as, my first visit to Pacemaker Dragway. Had a great time and Mike had it all running super smooth. Visited with a few guys, bought some parts, watched some racing, took some photos, and enjoyed the great weather. Left Pacemakers and headed down to National Trails to watch Kevin (Stickshifter) run in a big race tonight. First pass he qualified 3rd with a 4.62 151 mph.  Thanks for putting on such a great event Mike.

Loved seeing this SC  Rambler

Tom

BassBoat View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BassBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2019 at 3:09pm
Ihad a great time, thanks to all involved, especially Mike and Elsa, and to Damian Terrell for rounding up a ton of sponsors for door prizes.  Had some issues with my car which didn't interfere with my fun quotient, as I made 4 good strong passes and drove the car to the event and back home safely.  Thanks to Doug, Rob Tompkins and Mike for getting the car up on the lift to check out my problems and to everyone that offered advice and assistance.  
See you next year!
Ralfy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic