TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie Gremlin
    Posted: Dec/17/2023 at 5:00am
Round two, close race:

Edited by WesternRed - Dec/17/2023 at 5:02am
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2023 at 4:59am
In car video from last time out, elimination round one:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2023 at 4:58pm
Actually I have been focusing on shallow staging, really just trying to do the same thing all the time to build consistency.

I think with deep staging it's probably another step that you have to think about and takes the focus off the launch, plus there is the danger of pushing though the beam all together, done that a couple of times.

Seems I am one of the slower cars in the field, so I always get to leave first and at least don't have to worry about getting distracted by the other car launching At this last event, there were 19 runners and I qualified 15th on ET (bracket runs from 10.0 to 13.0).
djm2018 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djm2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2023 at 12:50pm
Don't know if this is allowed but have you considered deep staging? Yes it will kill your E.T. and 60' by approximately 0.1 but can help in R.T. Also if I may keep up with your practice tree. I even take mine with me and practice in the staging lanes. Has helped me a ton.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2023 at 3:05am
I enter all the runs into an excel spreadsheet along with the weather information from the timesheet. I just write anything relevant on the timesheet like setup changes or issues with the run then put them in the spreadsheet later.

I did have a D/A correlation, but probably need to update this with the new data since I changed the cam.

I was trying to find some details of which items are most important to follow but mostly it seems people want to sell you some software to do the job for you. 

I’m assuming D/A isn’t one number that covers everything. I think at the moment I probably have too much information.

Edited by WesternRed - Dec/12/2023 at 3:07am
Jeff Lee View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2023 at 10:15pm
I assume you have a log book? You need one and you can learn to dial your car on rising and falling D/A. 
You may also consider converting all of your runs to sea level and that way you know that it was faster or slower due to D/A....or, if the comparison does not pencil out, you may see you have a problem that needs to be addressed. 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2023 at 4:24pm
Had another race meeting last weekend, knocked out in the second round of eliminations again, but overall a decent weekend. Just sharing times below for those who might be interested:

Round

Dial

ET

MPH

Reaction

60’

1/8

1000’

Comment

Q1

-

Asleep at the tree

Q2

-

Spun the tires (too much RPM)

Q3

-

Dropped tires to 16 psi

E1

Lifted right at the end

E2

Lost

Overall I thought the car ran pretty consistent except for some driver error in Q2. Even the driver was consistent with his reaction times other than having a nap in Q1, just need to shorten those times up a bit now.

Really not sure how to work the track condictiones, D/A was steadily increasing from throughout the day except for the final run where it dropped back a bit, overall much better track conditions than the previous time out.

It's 4 weeks to the next race meting, so might do a couple of test and tune nights in between.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2023 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Jeff Lee Jeff Lee wrote:

I would recommend not doing anything until you get the springs and bars.

I reckon that is good advice, a transbrake would definitely find the limits of the rear suspension pretty quickly.
Jeff Lee View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2023 at 4:12pm
I would recommend not doing anything until you get the springs and bars.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2023 at 3:53pm
I did add some pinion wedges a while back if you remember, so I've gone from 2 degrees negative to 4 degrees negative.

I think one of this issues is also with foot braking, in that you can only hold so many rpm on the line before it overpowers the suspension or worse the brakes. Probably takes up some of the pinion angle too. So I'd probably add a transbrake into the mix too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
  Share Topic