TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dairyland Fabrication Coil Over Kit on my 69 AMX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dairyland Fabrication Coil Over Kit on my 69 AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/15/2017 at 6:44pm
Lol, frugal for sure. Sold the sub-frames for $100, and some complained too much.
Think there's new interest in AMC's now though for autox, track days, etc, and not just to restore to stock. Your kit, Control Freak's, big brake kits, etc. show new interest in upgrading. Keep up the great work!
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2017 at 1:38pm
Thanks AMXESS, 14:1 is what I was looking at. I am in the process of building up my car with Mikes kit, a 3 link set up in the rear and some other parts. It looks like a splined sway bar set up for the front could be easily made, but cost may be higher than what people want.

There does seem to be more interest in AMC's, partly due to the fact they are kind of the last "affordable" muscle car. I think Mike's kit is huge leap forward in getting these cars to handle well and show up at more events to generate more interest in AMC's. Hopefully we can help Mike sell more kits and get him to develop more cool AMC products! Big smileSmile
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
eddie65 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2019 at 1:24pm
will this kit fit my 1968 rambler american if so what type of disk brake kits will work with this  also thanks in advance 
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2019 at 2:41pm
Yes, the 1968 American front suspension is identical to the early AMX/Javelin. Any brake system will work as the AMC's have the two piece steering knuckle and spindle. The brake kit you choose will depend on what spindle you have, and any spindle can mount to any steering knuckle.

Basically you can match the spindles to whatever works for the brake system you want to use.
The 4-hole bolt pattern that connects the spindle to the steering knuckle is the same for all AMC's.

There is a ling answer to your short question :)
eddie65 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2019 at 4:25pm
what would you recommend to use from amc years produced to match up to your kit I want to purchase it later as well 
Tuffkar View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuffkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2022 at 10:49am
How can I pm you ? Have ? Regular ding the front suspension for my 68 amx 
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2022 at 7:54pm
On the left of each post is the poster's name; click the little triangle to get this menu.

I hadn't noticed it for many years so don't feel bad about not seeing that!

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2022 at 10:24pm
Just stumbled on the thread. I haven't been on here in a bit.
For those interested shoot me an email at Dairylanldfab@tds.net.
Also want to publicly thank all those waiting for their patients, I am so far behind on my list but I am still building as time allows. Each of these kits is done with great care and it's a bit time consuming to finish these parts at a level I feel comfortable sending out to customers.

timj5130@gmail.com View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timj5130@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2023 at 11:10am
Has anyone had problems getting enough Camber out of the upper control are with this system?
 My front end shop says the sleeves are 1 1/2 inches too short to get the proper amount of camber.
Thanks
 Tim Johnson
Tim Johnson
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2023 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by timj5130@gmail.com timj5130@gmail.com wrote:

Has anyone had problems getting enough Camber out of the upper control are with this system?
 My front end shop says the sleeves are 1 1/2 inches too short to get the proper amount of camber.
Thanks
 Tim Johnson

Don't they still adjust camber with the lower eccentric bolt? And then adjust mostly caster with the upper?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic