TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repro Spirit Concord AMX Gremlin GT Flares

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan1500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2021 at 12:27pm
Any developments on the Targa band extrusions?
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2021 at 7:41pm

MFR has not gotten to the flares yet.  The NOS original Fronts have been at his location for more than a year.

79 / 80 Front Spoilers are available at the vendors.  They may not be in stock but the part has been developed and is available to the hobby.  It is separate from the flares.

Hornet flares have not been reproduced to my knowledge.  There is a guy advertising on the Altoona PA Craigslist who is advertising Hornet AMX flares

The Targa band extrusion prototype has come in.  Our first attempt at fitting it didn’t go well.  It looks very nice but it was difficult to snap in and interfered with the screws holding down the aluminum strips.  The screws on my car are oval head and aren’t all perfectly installed.  We were employing a heat gun but believe we may need a roller to apply even pressure.  Roller is on order.

Dave

73hornut View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73hornut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by 1ManGang 1ManGang wrote:

MFR has not gotten to the flares yet.  The NOS original Fronts have been at his location for more than a year.

79 / 80 Front Spoilers are available at the vendors.  They may not be in stock but the part has been developed and is available to the hobby.  It is separate from the flares.

Hornet flares have not been reproduced to my knowledge.  There is a guy advertising on the Altoona PA Craigslist who is advertising Hornet AMX flares

The Targa band extrusion prototype has come in.  Our first attempt at fitting it didn’t go well.  It looks very nice but it was difficult to snap in and interfered with the screws holding down the aluminum strips.  The screws on my car are oval head and aren’t all perfectly installed.  We were employing a heat gun but believe we may need a roller to apply even pressure.  Roller is on order.

Dave

Any links? thanks.
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2022 at 7:31pm
Is the welting still available?
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
1987 Jeep Comanche Sportruck
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 3:28pm
Yes, we still have natural and black.
DragRacingSpirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 4:39pm
To tell you the truth, I always thought that those rust trap flares looked gawky on a Spirit or Hornet.

But I think flares look bad on a pickup as well....more rust traps.

Just my O2

How about some bumper end caps !

Smile

Edited by DragRacingSpirit - Jan/25/2022 at 4:42pm
Best 1/4 mile 8.99, 1/8 mile 5.71, 60 foot 1.27, no power adders
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 5:44pm
What would be the cost to ship a set to 54914?
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 8:25pm
I was more forgiving with the flares...  I always thought they were just a representation of the times...  Lots of wild graphics and body kits.  All the manufacturers were doing it.  Ford with the Mustang II and their Cobra or King Cobra, Chevy with the Z28 or Monza and then Dodge with the Aspen R/T.
SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by garweb3 garweb3 wrote:

What would be the cost to ship a set to 54914?

I'll call Dave tonight and get him to produce the quote.  He has them at his house from going out to Colorado last year.
garweb3 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garweb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2022 at 3:08pm
Ok. Thanks.
1974 Javelin AMX
1980 Spirit AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic