TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

IMSA Spirit Saved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMSA Spirit Saved
    Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 2:46pm
Another week and they said this would have been crushed.  Its safe in my garage now.  Still working the research but I think it was one of Kal Showets Spirits which were black and yellow.

nufdum View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nufdum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 4:11pm
Ya cant just tease us like that, as Paul Harvey would say whats "the rest of the story"?
At least where was it?
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 4:15pm
I have known about the car for a few years and was never able to buy it.  It ended up being sold off in a storage auction and then found its way into an auto recycle yard.  This was all down in Florida.  I had it brought up to Virginia where I am at.  Apparently the auto recycle place was a week from scrapping it.

I need to get some more info but it looks like it was owned by Kal Showket during the IMSA RS days and then was an SCCA GT3 for 15 or more years.  
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 5:19pm
Nice save, it would have been a shame to lose a historic car.
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
piper View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 6:45pm
Nice save Adam.  Out of curiosity, how do you track one of these cars back?  Is it by VIN? Or, something else?

As Scott said, it's great to see another one saved.  Since you were trying to buy it for some time, I guess this was meant to be for you to own it!
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 6:52pm
Coool!
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
amxess View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 6:56pm
Saw it on Craigslist. Glad it's saved.  Friend races a GT3 Spirit and does very well with it.

Good luck.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 6:56pm
Its pretty challenging to track down the history.  In this case I just started working back through the owners and sending out emails to everyone I know who could possibly ID it.  Luckily this car had several pieces chromed that are still on the car and spotted by someone who crewed on the car back in the 80's.  I am still verifying allot of stuff but its fun playing investigator.  
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 7:01pm
well then is this a different car?

SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2012 at 7:14pm
That blue Spirit was owned by the same guy who owned the car I got.  He had it built at some point and the same storage unit that auctioned the car I have is the one selling this.  If anyone is really interested in it I can provide the original owners contact info.  The blue one is not an IMSA car though and was built specifically for SCCA GT3.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic