TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

IMSA Spirit Saved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hdljet View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdljet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMSA Spirit Saved
    Posted: Oct/10/2021 at 5:21pm
I own the blue Spirit now and am in the process of getting it running with a fresh 232 and a T 5.  
jcsperson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2016 at 9:20am
Good to know, g-man. It would be cool if they started a build thread here.
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2016 at 12:36pm
I know who purchased the car.
He assured me that it will NOT get an LS1.
However, they are going to get it back on the track, more or less the way it was in its heyday.

g-man

AMC only daily driver
jcsperson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2016 at 10:14am
The ad is marked as sold. Anyone here buy it?
jcsperson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jcsperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2016 at 2:08pm
Damnit. Would one of you guys buy this thing before somebody puts an LS1 in it or makes it into a Chumpcar?
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2016 at 6:38pm
In IMSA it would have been a 232.  SCCA I believed they moved to the 258.
jcsperson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2016 at 6:31pm
I take it this was raced as a 258 I6?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2016 at 7:08am
I found this car in Florida and saved it from the crusher.  If anyone is interested I have all the history on it and allot of photos.

I wish I was positioned to get it back.  Anyone driving from Ohio to Colorado?
jcsperson View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2016 at 10:34pm
This car is for sale again.

1981 AMC Spirit

http://www.racingjunk.com/24-Hours-of-LeMons-Cars-for-Sale/182641626/1981-AMC-Spirit.html

"$2,500.00

This car was a factory backed car that was campaigned by Chris Cord and Kal Showkett in the early eighties. After that it spent about 10 years running SCCA in Florida. The engine and trans are no longer with the car. Our plan was to drop in an LS. The cage is still intact along with the fuel cell, although I'd assume it could use a new bladder. The car is fitted with coil overs and adjustable sway bars. Included in the sale are extra fenders, hood, aluminum bumper and misc suspension components. The picture in the ad was from its original days as a racer. It currently shows evidence of years of racing, but is still very solid. I can send more pics upon request.

(330) 208-6111

Kent, Ohio"
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 8:38am
I dont think those IMSA I6 cars reved a whole lot above 6000.  I seem to recall Hildock telling me he shifted at 5800.

Anyway here are some IMSA car builds....below the AMX.  Should give you some ideas.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic