TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2023 Hot Rod Power Tour - Event Date: Jun/12/2023 - Jun/16/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by imacarfan2 imacarfan2 wrote:

I'm "planning" on going, but I've been "planning" on going for over 25 years!

I went ahead and committed -- got the package and all the hotel reservations done.
dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 12:26pm
I put a 2 way alarm in my car for 2018 before I left. The 2 way alerts the key fob so you know if something triggers. So many cars stolen on these tours. Easy picking for the thieves with a parking lot full of cars. Not trying to deter anyone from going as we had a blast but be prepared. 
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Scrappy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

So many cars stolen on these tours. Easy picking for the thieves with a parking lot full of cars. Not trying to deter anyone from going as we had a blast but be prepared. 

It's an important consideration.  I'm looking into my options.

Lots of folks in the Facebook HRPT groups are rather dismissive, saying unhelpful stuff like "have good insurance so you don't have to worry about it."  Being made whole financially is one thing, but there's a major difference between getting paid for a new Hellcat that got stolen vs. a car you've labored over and/or has been in the family for a while.

I put a 2 way alarm in my car for 2018 before I left. The 2 way alerts the key fob so you know if something triggers. 

Do you recall which brand/model, and would you recommend it?
dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Scrappy Scrappy wrote:

So many cars stolen on these tours. Easy picking for the thieves with a parking lot full of cars. Not trying to deter anyone from going as we had a blast but be prepared. 

It's an important consideration.  I'm looking into my options.

Lots of folks in the Facebook HRPT groups are rather dismissive, saying unhelpful stuff like "have good insurance so you don't have to worry about it."  Being made whole financially is one thing, but there's a major difference between getting paid for a new Hellcat that got stolen vs. a car you've labored over and/or has been in the family for a while.

I put a 2 way alarm in my car for 2018 before I left. The 2 way alerts the key fob so you know if something triggers. 

Do you recall which brand/model, and would you recommend it?

I have a Viper 2 way unit, not exactly sure of model number but it locks / unlocks power locks, hood, trunk and doors pinned. Also motion sensor and does remote start which I do not use.  

I did in 2018 so there are probably newer versions but just look for 2 way capability and range
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

Scrappy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2023 at 1:52pm
Thanks, Dave!
smaynor View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaynor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2023 at 3:54pm
We are doing it again this year in the wagon.  Did the Long Haul last year and doing the Long Haul again this year.  Have hotels already booked, etc.  

After the miserable heat and humidity last year, I said I’d not do it again without A/C, so guess what got installed this winter…Vintage Air.   It’s working great with 40* air out the vents.  

Also took out the C4 Corvette rear and did a nice Ford 9” with coilovers. 
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Wagon
A big project in progress...
Scrappy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2023 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by smaynor smaynor wrote:

After the miserable heat and humidity last year, I said I’d not do it again without A/C, so guess what got installed this winter…Vintage Air.   It’s working great with 40* air out the vents.

Sweet!  I have to get the AC in the Spirit working.  It's black/black...
Scrappy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2023 at 5:22am
Well, it's looking as if I'm not going to be able to make it in the Spirit.

It suffered a collapsed roller lifter back in February.  It took over a month and a personal connection to get the manufacturer to finally respond to me, and they're going to rebuild or give me a new set, but as of yet there's no timeframe.  It's 32 days away, so I can't sit here hoping it'll happen.

I've changed my focus to my '57 Chevy, which will be my ride this year.
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2023 at 7:26am
Sorry to hear about your Spirit. We are still on track to go with the AMX. Wife gave up her seat this year for one of our grandsons who will be making his first tour!
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
Scrappy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2023 at 5:55am
Well, the lifters showed up unexpectedly on Saturday, so it's back to the Spirit being my ride!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic