TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Great Amc Day 2023 - Event Date: Jun/02/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2023 at 2:24am
Only 2500 miles for me....lol

Yeah Mike, I'll be camping at the track.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2023 at 5:46pm
Under a week until GAD 23
 Who is planning on being at the track Thursday night for the cookout/hangout "party"? Trying to get a head count to get meat?
Big thank you to everyone who supports the event and all of the awesome sponsors this year. Shirt design, and more info on Facebook 
Pos68 68 javelin, 79 amx, and 71 javelin
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2023 at 7:31am
For us guys who need a address to plug into the GPS..

EDGEWATER SPORTS PARK - SINCE 1958

4819 E. MIAMI RIVER RD. CLEVES, OHIO 45002

513-353-4666

Hotels near there:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison

Be the first to review!
Corporate Lodging, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Hotels

10906 New Haven Rd, Harrison, OH 45030

844-761-0335

Super 8 by Wyndham Harrison OH 10900 New Haven Road, 45030, Harrison.  513-202-4958

Edited by SC397 - May/30/2023 at 7:40am
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2023 at 10:34am
thanks Rick,
we are staying at the super 8...

SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2023 at 1:44pm
If I remember correctly the hotels are pretty close to each other.
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2023 at 4:24pm
Yes the holiday inn and super 8 are right across the street from each other

Hope to see you there Rick and safe travels to everyone. I will post the breakfast and lunch menu later tonight or tomorrow 
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2023 at 4:53pm
I just wanted to hop on here real quick to thank everyone that came out today. Awesome turnout for the heat and was great to see everyone. If anyone gots any feed back on this year(good or bad) please comment below. I think mostly everyone probably saw major improvements over what I learned last year and hope to continue making it better every year. I'll post all results later this weekend. Another GREAT AMC DAY!!! 
- Damian 
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 1:32pm
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2023 at 4:31pm
As many people have been wondering, here is the full Great AMC Day "GAD" 2023 event report

First off I want to thank all of this year's sponsors for supporting this event because it most definitely couldn't happen without their support. Also to everyone who made it out to the event and supported us. We had a great turnout for as hot as it was(about 90°) and a beautiful day of racing, and for a car show. We ended up having around 35-40 race cars which is better than last year and the car show had 15-16 entries. Someone(me 🧐🤦) forgot to write down the spectator count after everything got added up, so I will edit this post once I hear back from the track on that. 

Race results:
AMC/Mopar -
Winner was a orange dart car #501
R/U- Eric Wolfe with his AMC powered Studebaker car #1127

Stick shift-
Winner and R/U were both UMTR south racers as the amcs raced each other in the early round
Winner- beautiful 70.5 falcon and or 70/71 torino(unsure) car #3317
R/U- Super nice superbee car #318P 

Heads up Shootout-
Winner- Brian and Bruce Waldon with their super clean Indy powered rambler
R/U- Mike Storey with his awesome Twin turbo LS powered amx 

2nd Chance -
Winner- Jeff and his super nice SS style amx
R/U- Dan Henderson and his 70 amx

Car show-
1st place: Dave Bryant and the #17 McCorkle SS amx
2nd place: Pete Vaughn and his 70 machine
3rd place: Danny Jaqui and his 90 Jeep Comanche

Rotorhead award: Tommy Vaughn

McCorkle Award: Jon Ballenger 

RWB award: Jeff O (2nd chance winner) and his SS style amx

Fastest Street car award: Stewart Forney with his gold amx

Long Distance award: Tony Lucas from Canada (2500+ miles)

The Church of Bad Decisions award: (waiting for name from Austin who did the award as I didn't catch it)

We unfortunately did not have any racer under 21 this year 

Thank you to everyone for coming out, and see everyone next year. Already planning for GAD 2024, so keep your eyes out - Damian
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2023 at 11:48am
Hey Damian,
Who sponsors the Heads up shoot out?

Take on GAD 2023!-)
Awesome event. we arrived thursday around 6pm after checking into the motel, we found our way to the track. was greeted by a Older Tony than last time i saw him years ago. Wink
Ralfy and the Host and family!
this years event was even better than last year...
btw, for those that don't know. this is only the 2nd year Damian and crew have been hosting the event. one of things i missed last year was the cookout portion, as on Friday the track didnt want Damian to feed us...
So they did the cook out thursday evening and that worked great for us!
imo, the day was picture perfect!  Yes it got hot through the day . low 90's but humidity was very low compaired to last year!      in the shade it was Wonderful, nice breeze and all.     op out in the sun, and Yep it was a hot one for sure!

Anyway. last time i was able to have the POS out was last years GAD...  and no time this year to get it out for some pre GAD testing.  I had made a few changes since last year.
bickel clutch switch, Solid wheely bars now, and reduced base clutch pressure and removed counter weight.
unsure of what the car was going to do with solid wheely bars i had no ideal how it would react...
So, go up for the first time run. and i'm paired up with Stewart F. in his 69 AMX with a Roush powered 5.0 in it....    his car is pretty dialed in and me not going down a track for a year now.
Stewart treed me. my .2265 light to his .006 reaction time.....
Just a time run, so i wasn't trying to get a perfect reaction time, just get the car down the track!
It's been so long, i even forgot to flip the switch for the data logger...
Car felt good and the track pic guy got a pic of our launch!
no more 2 foot wheely, the car hit the wheely bars and pulled front wheels about 3-4 inchs and away we went.... Stewart got the win light, but just barely.
his 9.659 beat my 9.591 he went 140.01 mph to the POS's Fastest ever mph of 145.02.

Sadly either the clutch broke or the pilot bearing in the crank broke first?
all i know is the clutch pedal was no longer allowing the car to slip into gear with out grinding. so i enjoyed the day and the racing action...
got to see some old friends and made a couple new friends this year also..

Stewart gave me Poo about my reaction time!!!
those that know me, i had that correct answer... Told him Sorry i was still rolling a joint!   LOL

So i encourage everyone to keep support GAD and come on out for a Great AMC Day!
Great job Damian.
Mike

https://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/Edgewater/2023/Great-AMC-Day-June-2nd-2023/i-4cnpbKS/A

Edited by POS #1 - Jun/05/2023 at 3:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic