TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Seatbelts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Pannizzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seatbelts
    Posted: Sep/21/2022 at 3:40pm
Hello Forum Friends!! Question, I have a 74 AMX with a Domino Blue Interior. Does anybody know what Color they were from Factory? Want to try and Refresh them if possible. Thanks for any and all help!!!
Al
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2022 at 5:20pm
All January '72 and up seatbelts were black, until the Concord/Spirit/Eagle years.
Your '74s were black.
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Al Pannizzo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Pannizzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2022 at 10:38am
Thanks!! Any suggestions on particular Paint to use? I would like to give it a try.
Thanks!!
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2022 at 12:24pm
Seatbelts really should never be painted
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2022 at 12:44pm
See what stores have for fabric dye.  I would think that is the proper choice to recolor the fabric.

Mike
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2022 at 4:38pm
Black seatbelts look TERRIBLE in a colored interior.  They should ALWAYS match the interior for a proper look.  
they call me Capt RETIRED!
DMack View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2022 at 6:04pm
SEM Company makes some very good quality interior paints and dyes.  I've used the Landau Black on all of my hard plastic pieces, with an adhesion promoter.  Works very well, I also sprayed the belts in mine with their fabric dye.  Granted, they were black belts to begin with.  It freshened them up nicely.
Gary Gray AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Gray AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2022 at 7:22am
I have a set of lap belts OEM - AMC tags on them - Suppose to be black ( I call them charcoal)
 will sell for $200
Al Pannizzo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Pannizzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2022 at 11:13am
My Javelin is a 74 with the shoulder Harness. I assume your lap belts are only across the lap? If not let me know.
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2022 at 11:50am
you could also just buy new belt web and have your local upholstery shop replace them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic