TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Machine Wheel Center Cap Set

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2022 at 8:30am
 These are embossed engine turned finish metal similar or the same as factory they look NOS.
J
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2022 at 12:16pm
JGrant,
What are you going to run for tires with the Machine Wheels?

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2022 at 1:11pm
 I have 5 new Goodyear Polyglas E60-15 tires still wrapped, the Machine wheels will be used mostly for show they are the factory wheels for my 70, I also have a new set of 15" Magnums there my favorite wheel from that era and will have BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - Jun/07/2022 at 2:49pm
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2022 at 11:58am
Wow,
 VERY nice to have the right tires to go with the wheels after putting in all the effort it takes to run Machine Wheels Thumbs Up

I'm thinking about getting a set of the caps you posted (Thanks!),
 but new, decent 15" tires means either overpriced repop BFG's, or super expensive repopped Polyglas E's or F's (if they can be found today).

since it would just be for shows,
I'd probably just use the OLD, but unused BFG's (235&255/60's) that had been glorified garage rollers on 8-slots for 15 years or so before the switch to 17's (255&275/40's)

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 4:09pm
The 70 straight style caps are becoming available!

NEW 1970 STYLE!
THE FINEST QUALITY REPRODUCTION MACHINE WHEEL CENTER CAP SET AVAILABLE. ALL THE OTHER REPRODUCTIONS IS JUNK IN COMPARISON.
This is 1970 style caps.
Set includes: 4 Caps, 4 Mounting inserts, 4 Decals. All metal construction. $369 plus shipping. Only available at www.AmcPartsWarehouse.com
THIS IS PREORDER ONLY! FIRST RUN WILL BE LIMITED TO 6-8 SETS AND AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING IN TWO WEEKS. THE SECOND RUN WILL BE COMING AND FILLED IN 5-7 WEEKS.
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 7:59pm
 Update the first run of 70 style Machine wheel caps was a limited run they sold out in a short time, anyone that wants to buy a set can pre-order at https://www.amcpartswarehouse.com/ the second run will ship around the end of June.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - May/23/2022 at 8:02pm
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 2:01pm
Those look beautiful, and the price is a bargain if they're as nice in person.  Glad to see someone making some nice reproductions.
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 3:20pm
 I recently bought a set of the medallion inserts they are listed as decals on the site however they are engine turned finish metal stampings embossed and detailed exactly as AMC production run inserts also, I bought a set of first run 70 style caps they should arrive in a couple of weeks I will post how they look when they are in. There is a fellow on FB working on reproducing the Machine wheel trim rings.
J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - May/24/2022 at 3:24pm
AMCPartsWarehouse View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCPartsWarehouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 9:56pm
Guys, the quality of my parts is unreal in reproduction world! Better than OEM and to every little detail. Real chrome...no one can make Machine caps or any other parts better than me. First run sold out in two hours but second run will be available for shipping in about 5 weeks. You can preorder second run at www.AmcPartsWarehouse.com
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2022 at 2:21pm
 I received the new set of 70 Machine wheel center caps with retainers today they look perfect!

J
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic