TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Wiper motor wiring diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiper motor wiring diagram
    Posted: Jan/28/2022 at 10:33am
My 69 TSM has some pretty detailed info on the electric wiper wiring, but it's not in the electrical section with the rest of the wiring diagrams. It's in a section covering windshield, rear window, and wipers.  The 64 TSM (if you have it) may be similarly configured.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
vinclas1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinclas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2022 at 10:20am
Thank you. I tried all the searches I could think of, but didn't have any luck. 

Kevin
1964 AMC American
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2022 at 9:14am

Here's one for a '66. I'm not saying it's the same as yours. The Technical Service Manual is your best source. Sometimes a good illustration from the AMC Parts Book helps a lot. Often, when you do a Google Search, like "Rambler American wiper diagram" and add in "theamcforum" you'll find what you need fast.

If you have the factory set-up from a 64-65, I think I recall the wire harness is part of the switch? Then you'd just need to figure out which wire goes to the fuse panel or to accessory side of ignition switch.

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
vinclas1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinclas1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 10:06am
My 1964 American has an electric wiper motor. I have a wiring diagram for the vehicle, but the wiper motor is not on the diagram. Would anyone have a wiring diagram for how the wiper motor is hooked up?

Thank you,
Kevin

1964 AMC American
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic