TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Carpet vendors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet vendors
    Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 3:37pm
I've dug through a few pages, and I'm having trouble finding who people have been using to source replacement carpet. Currently building a spirit liftback, stock appearance is not important to me. Who would you recommend? 
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
1BadJav View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1BadJav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2022 at 4:34pm
72 AMC Javelin SST - 401/727
79AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/06/2022 at 4:25pm
I just ordered a full set for my 79 AMX from Stockinteriors.com
I don't have any experience with them however.
Victor
79 AMX-original owner, 304 (now 360) w/ 998
88 GW
74 AMX-in my younger days. Plum purple with white stripes, white interior, 304, auto
nudhistbudhist View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2022 at 11:10am
Thanks guys! I checked both, on one I can get the carpet and a headliner kit for about 600 (conversion and shipping to Canada) and on the other only carpet. I do need headliner so I'll give it a shot
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 7:16pm
In the end I went with stockinteriors.com. Ordering was easy, got a carpet with heel pad and I *think* high beam switch grommet, and a 2 yard headliner scrape and spray kit. Cost was 572 cdn with shipping, and UPS charged me an additional 16 dollars for import fees. 

At the start I was a little concerned because I ordered on a Sunday, but never got so much as a thank you for your order email until the following Thursday or Friday. The first communication from them was an email saying the product has shipped and tracking information was given.

The items are supposed to be here tomorrow, and look to be on schedule. The company recommends opening the box and laying the carpet in the vehicle ASAP so last weekend I pulled the seats and console back out in preparation. I will update further and document install on my build thread in the project section
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 7:22pm
It would be best to lay the carpet out in as warm a place as possible. In the summer the sun works great.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 7:38pm
Summer sun would be great I agree, buuut it's winter here and hiding around freezing lately. It will go into the car in the garage with the garage heater cranked 
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2022 at 12:17am
If you don't need it installed I would leave it out of the box and wait for a warm day for it to really relax the materials.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
79AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2022 at 8:18am
I received an email confirmation immediately after I placed my order.  It was followed up by the "your order has been shipped" email and it arrived on the expected delivery date.

As instructed, I pulled it out of the box and shaped it in a closed off room to prevent our cats from having their way with it.  After a couple of days, my wife wanted her room back.  So I placed it in the AMX (interior is completely out).  But my shop is not heated.

I'm waiting for it to get above freezing for a couple of days to see what I can do with it.  Looks like it will get to 50* in about a week so I'll see about it them.

Carpet looks good and molded correctly.  So far so good and I think you'll be pleased with it.
Victor
79 AMX-original owner, 304 (now 360) w/ 998
88 GW
74 AMX-in my younger days. Plum purple with white stripes, white interior, 304, auto
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2022 at 7:48pm
A hair dryer will be a big help to form the carpet when you’re installing it.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic