TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Carpet vendors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nudhistbudhist View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet vendors
    Posted: Feb/24/2022 at 8:56pm
I only bought carpet and headliner. Happy with both
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
79AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2022 at 11:55am
We had a couple of days above 60* so I installed mine. Went better than I expected and looks really good. Thanks for the heat gun tip. 
I was thinking to get floor mats from them. Did you?  Their products seem to be good quality. 
Victor
79 AMX-original owner, 304 (now 360) w/ 998
88 GW
74 AMX-in my younger days. Plum purple with white stripes, white interior, 304, auto
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2022 at 9:42pm
So I should clear up, in the end, the grommet (two actually, in separate envelopes) DID show up. Install took about 5 minutes, just clean up the hole and finesse it through. I'm happy with the result.

Originally posted by george w george w wrote:

Our AMC cars never used a headlight dimmer switch grommet in the carpet opening. Just a simple hole in the carpet.

I am aware this is true, but I do want better than stock for my build, and the item was promised in description online.
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2022 at 11:10am
I went with black. Pictures on my build thread entitled "spirit build". Wasn't too bad just take your time. In mine there is a little quirkiness in the center but it doesn't bug me
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
HeebieJeebie View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeebieJeebie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2022 at 10:17am
Just curious on the colour of both kits. Both of you guys seem pretty competent on laying it down. 
Well done.
You alone can dictate Karma.
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2022 at 9:58am
Our AMC cars never used a headlight dimmer switch grommet in the carpet opening. Just a simple hole in the carpet.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2022 at 10:07pm
Headliner kit showed up finally. Install went well, looks good. High beam grommet is still nowhere to be seen. I've pretty much given up on that, it isn't that big a deal really
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2022 at 11:15am
I put my garage heat up to 27C (summer day here) and let the carpet relax in the car for a few days. Then I pulled it back out, cleaned the door and laid the underlay pad. Then I lifted it one side at a time and used spray adhesive to hold the padding down. Cut the holes for the seat bolts and seat belts. Then I laid the carpet back in and slowly trimmed the front while pushing ahead until it was in position. No adhesive on the carpet
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
79AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2022 at 7:16am
I'm installing mine today.  Finally can get my shop warm enough to feel comfortable I can get it in the correct position to cut it.
I didn't have to contact the company after my original order.  Everything I ordered came and was on time.

Did you use an adhesive?  I'm not planning on it.  

I've been hesitant on doing the installation because I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up.  I'm ready to install the rest of the interior and this is the next step.  Wish me luck!

Victor
79 AMX-original owner, 304 (now 360) w/ 998
88 GW
74 AMX-in my younger days. Plum purple with white stripes, white interior, 304, auto
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nudhistbudhist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2022 at 8:56pm
Got the carpet installed this past weekend.  Looks good. 

I finally was able to call stockinteriors.com about my order, and got a nice lady right away and wasn't on hold long. She told me she would have her manager mail out the grommet and she offered to call back after she got an answer on the headliner kit. I opted for an email response.

That was Thursday, now Tuesday I email after getting no further response. I figured maybe she had an answer but my .CA email address threw her off (this happens often). Got a reply fairly quick, again was told the grommet will be sent out right away and she will reply soon with an answer on the headliner kit
Greg

1980 AMC Spirit GT
4.0/ax15 swap
Ford 8.8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic