TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Great Amc Day 2022 - Event Date: Jun/24/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2022 at 7:43am
Originally posted by pos6871 pos6871 wrote:

Host hotel and local campground update

I'm currently in talk with Holiday inn Express (10906 NEW HAVEN ROAD HARRISON, OHIO 45030) which is about 15-20ish mins away from the track about being the host hotel. There is a super 8 across the street from this holiday inn with plenty of parking also. Also being right off the interstate, there is plenty of restaurants etc around. I will keep everyone posted if I can get a special rate worked out for everyone. Their are multiple hotels though around the track being so close to Cincinnati, Harrison Ohio etc. 

Miami Whitewater forest campground is the closest to the track only being 5 mins away from it. If you plan on camping this is probably you best choice for being close track. 

I just called and there is no special rate at the Holiday Inn Express.
However, I did get a much cheaper rate at the Super 8.  https://www.guestreservations.com/super-8-harrison-oh/booking
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2022 at 9:36am
I plan to camp at the track on Thursday night...

Damian,
If i may suggest...
If you noticed when we hosted GAD, the 2nd chance class started 2nd round and was last class to run, That allowed 2nd round losers to have the chance to inter the class..

But remember you are in charge, not me...
Clap
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2022 at 12:01pm
I actually haven't did the host motel rate at the Holiday inn due to the lack of interest. I can for sure get that set up for everyone though. Super 8 is usually way cheaper than holiday and as alot of people have mentioned to me, camping at the track seems very popular this year. Good suggestion Mike and will mostly do it that way. Would also give everyone alittle more chance to make some passes down the track. 
Pos68 68 javelin, 79 amx, and 71 javelin
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2022 at 8:16pm
Big shout-out to Crown Automotive Sales Co Inc for sponsoring this year's Great AMC Day. Got some awesome amc engine parts to give away like a brand new timing cover and merch. I greatly appreciate everyone's support and hope to make this the best GAD yet 

Classes: 
Heads Up Shootout: Guaranteed $2000 payout at 8 cars
Rules:
Must be AMC/Mopar body or amc powered (non amc/mopar body)
Any powerplant, tire etc RWYB 
Can either be 1/8 or 1/4 (need racers interested in class to tell me) 
Can do pro tree if ok by track and racers preferred
Racer decision clocks on or off (if ok by track)
Entry fee(this class only) $100 winner take all(will be a 2nd place payout too)

Bracket Racing all 1/4 mile: $60 entry for AMC/Mopar and stick shift

AMC/Mopar - Guaranteed $1000 to the winner plus ARH pay
Rules:
amc/Mopar body and or powered 

STICK SHIFT- Guaranteed $1000 to winner plus ARH payout
 Rules:any vehicle welcome, must be stick and use clutch pedal to launch and manually shift gears(don't have to use clutch on shifting gears) Basically UMTR rules.

2ND CHANCE-  Payout is what ever the amount of entry are. Entry fee goes straight to the payout for this class. $20 entry for losers of 1st/2nd round and regular $60 for any non amc/stick/Mopars
Rules:
Any first round/2nd round buybacks and any non amc/Mopar or stick cars. 

Also Fastest Street car award, and many other awards like the Young Guns class or award(undecided) will be happening. Car show will for sure also have awards for 1st-3rd place and people's choice. 

Sponsors:
Alfano Performance AMC Speed Shop 
 Jim Sobel 
Mike's Auto Service
 Nick Filippides 
American Racing Headers 
 Dennis Becker
 Control Freak Suspensions 
Calvert Racing Suspensions 
 Altitude Printing 
High County Graphics
 Ralph Winslow 
Crown Automotive
68_LS_AMX
 John & Vicki Howard
 James"Fuzz" Scheid 
Tom Guarr
Garland Performance
Stockill Built Racing 
BLP Racing Products 
Donald Bills"Rozwell"
 Wilwood Disc Brakes 
 Carreplico 
 QA1 
The Crafty Biotch
 POS68 Motorsports
 a70sthingautomobilia.com 
AMO Treasury Sales
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2022 at 11:55pm
I want to do a huge shootout to Josh, Jeff and everyone at Kennedy American AMC Parts for coming on board this year and sponsoring GAD, without everyone's support this event couldn't happen at all. 
Also, it's alittle over a month until Great Amc Day 2022 at Edgewater Sports Park so let's do a official roll call. Who is going to be bring what
Looking forward to see everyone and having another Great AMC Day with hopefully the best turnout ever!

Classes: 
Heads Up Shootout: Guaranteed $2000 payout at 8 cars
Rules:
Must be AMC/Mopar body or amc powered (non amc/mopar body)
Any powerplant, tire etc RWYB 
Can either be 1/8 or 1/4 (need racers interested in class to tell me) 
Can do pro tree if ok by track and racers preferred
Racer decision clocks on or off (if ok by track)
Entry fee(this class only) $100 winner take all(will be a 2nd place payout too)

Bracket Racing all 1/4 mile: $60 entry for AMC/Mopar and stick shift

AMC/Mopar - Guaranteed $1000 to the winner plus ARH pay
Rules:
amc/Mopar body and or powered 

STICK SHIFT- Guaranteed $1000 to winner plus ARH payout
 Rules:any vehicle welcome, must be stick and use clutch pedal to launch and manually shift gears(don't have to use clutch on shifting gears) Basically UMTR rules.

2ND CHANCE-  Payout is what ever the amount of entry are. Entry fee goes straight to the payout for this class. $20 entry for losers of 1st/2nd round and regular $60 for any non amc/stick/Mopars
Rules:
Any first round/2nd round buybacks and any non amc/Mopar or stick cars. 

Also Fastest Street car award, and many other awards like the Young Guns class or award(undecided) will be happening. Car show will for sure also have awards for 1st-3rd place and people's choice. 

Sponsors:
Alfano Performance AMC Speed Shop 
 Jim Sobel 
Mike's Auto Service
 Nick Filippides 
American Racing Headers 
 Dennis Becker
 Control Freak Suspensions 
Calvert Racing Suspensions 
 Altitude Printing 
High County Graphics
 Ralph Winslow 
Crown Automotive
68_LS_AMX
 John & Vicki Howard
 James"Fuzz" Scheid 
Tom Guarr
Garland Performance
Stockill Built Racing 
BLP Racing Products 
Kennedy American
Donald Bills"Rozwell"
 Wilwood Disc Brakes 
 Carreplico 
 QA1 
The Crafty Biotch
 POS68 Motorsports
 a70sthingautomobilia.com 
AMO Treasury Sales
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2022 at 8:25am
We are just about a month out for GAD this year....
weather has been Poo here this spring. So plan to run the valves on the POS this weekend and hopefully take it  to the local track next friday to make a few hits and try and get the clutch tuned in for the Big Show next month!!!Big smile
Mac VP View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac VP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2022 at 3:57pm
I’ll be there in the 73 Hornet. The car won’t be racing but will be in the show. Bringing a few non AMC buddies to show them what it’s like in a distant galaxy.
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2022 at 4:49pm
Hope POS does good in testing for you Mike, and love to see that hornet in the car show. I have always loved the 73-75 hornets 
Cloudyday View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cloudyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2022 at 4:24pm
Making plans to attend now, thanks for putting this event together.
pos6871 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pos6871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2022 at 11:23pm
Be awesome to see you there. Under a month away from Great Amc Day 2022, hope to see everyone there for another Great AMC Day - Damian 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic