TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Great Smokey Mt. Jeep Club Invasion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Smokey Mt. Jeep Club Invasion
    Posted: Aug/20/2021 at 7:56am
Any one planning on attending? Aug 26-28 Pigeon Forge, TN.

Me, Teresa and The Comanche will be setup in the tail gate area. Stop on by for a pull pork sandwich, cold drink and a chat !!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie 
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2021 at 10:37am
I was going to go (it's less than a two hour drive away) but I've just got too much going on to make it this year..

Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2021 at 10:35am
WOW.....what a deal this show was !!!!!!!!!!

I really don't know what I was expecting but it was not exactly what I had in mind. We had a great time and I don't regret attending this event. It's not on my bucket list of must attend every year events but I suggest that everyone should go at least once.

I would venture to say there were 15,000 Jeeps in Pigeon Forge that weekend.  99% were new Jeeps, I have never seen that many new pickups in one spot before. The vendors were all selling upgraded after market stuff for them. Wheels, tires, lift kits, removeable tops, light bars, tubular doors, etc. I did not realize what a large market this is. I was looking for some rubber for my Comanche, but nothing there for older Jeeps.

The Show and Shine Show Field, which we were parked in probably held 100 vehicles, the way they had the spaces divided. If you did not purchase a Tailgate spot, i.e., 2 adjoining spaces you could not setup a canopy. It was a paved lot and the only saving grace was it was brick, not asphalt. It was not full. 

Here we are set up.....

The vendors were in the LeConte Center and the building was packed. There were probably just as many, if not more, venders outside. 

It cost $12 a person to get into the LeConte center. Friday morning as we passed the entrance doors at 8:45 am, doors opened at 9, people were lined up 4 to 6 wide, 3 blocks long !!!

It is alot like Crusin' The Coast, vehicles lined up in hotel parking lots and Jeeps cruising the main drag all night long. Actually the best way to see the Jeeps is to cruise the parking lots at The LeConte Center. 

I spotted 4 Comanches, including us. Two in the Show field and one inside to Center.

One the way to the Show we stopped at Fort Payne, AL and visited the Alabama (Band) museum.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
hohner0006 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hohner0006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2021 at 7:46pm
I was there for a wedding in Gatlinburg that weekend...saw a LOT of nice Jeeps!!

hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2021 at 4:56am
Great Pics!!!!
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic