TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The "Faster N' Louder" 1973 401 Javelin AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2021 at 3:16pm
  I like minilites on these cars, the bronze is a good choice.  What brand wheels, and what sizes for wheels and tires?
  Will you be keeping the original brown exterior?
  I appreciate the updates.  Its starting to get pretty cold here and challenging to spend much time on my car.
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by mbwicz mbwicz wrote:

I like minilites on these cars, the bronze is a good choice.  What brand wheels, and what sizes for wheels and tires?
  Will you be keeping the original brown exterior?
  I appreciate the updates.  Its starting to get pretty cold here and challenging to spend much time on my car.

Thank you! I think they look great! They are Rota RKR wheels in 15x8 size (all 4). They have 5” backspacing, but the lowering plate we’re making for the front spindles will push it 1/2” towards the outside. The front tires are 235/60-15 and the rears are 275/60-15. 
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2021 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by WWI Flying Ace WWI Flying Ace wrote:

Looking great!  I've got a 73 Javelin AMX too, been working a lot on the interior this year.  Did you have to do anything special to mount the seats you got?  

Wheels are nice too...what size/kind are they?

I will definitely be watching here for updates on your progress!

Thanks! The plan is to make an adapter on the original sliders and use them on the aftermarket seats. If the rivets are tapped out of the original sliders, you can use bolts and washers instead, so that’s the route I’m gonna go. Just need to recondition the sliders and make the adapters. 
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2022 at 9:26pm
I made a designfor my seat brackets. I did, however, underestimate how heavy duty 1/4” steel plate is. 😆 I made my own design to adapt the Tanaka seats to the original sliders. No cutting or modifying required. I’ll have to upload the design from my computer since the forum isn’t letting me on my phone. 

I also put together another video of the progress on the front end of the car. It’s effectively stripped and painted!

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2022 at 7:51am

Aftermarket seat is in with custom brackets. Sound deadening and carpet is in, and the shifter and console are also mocked in for the time being. Have to get everything bolted back in.

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2022 at 11:41am
Offenhauser ceramic coated

This is how she currently sits. Front end suspension is loosely in place. Needs to fix some minor mistake we made on the brakes. Wheels are just sitting in place for the picture.

Also recently un-jammed the steering lock rod and got the ignition cylinder moving again. Just got parts in yesterday to put the horn assembly and cover back on. Done doing interior stuff for the time being, but still need to eventually look at the windows and try to get them in better shape before reinstalling the interior panels. Also need to get the Schroth harness setup at some point. 

Want to get the brake system sorted out before diving into the transmission rebuild. Engine is nearing completion!

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2022 at 11:47am
I also made a couple videos recently. 

This is a general “half way done” update

Gas Tank Replacement and Suspension work:

Front End (cont.), and Steering Column Repair
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2022 at 11:28pm
Built a rear seat delete panel out of cardboard, POR15, sound deadening, and Ozite carpet. Took me about 3 hours labor time. Looks pretty decent! 

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2022 at 10:41am
Also recently finished the front suspension and front brakes. 

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2022 at 11:09am
Here’s the video about the cardboard rear seat delete as promised:

Faster N' Louder | "Redneck Carbon Fiber" | Rear Seat Delete Project ('73 Javelin AMX)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic