TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The "Faster N' Louder" 1973 401 Javelin AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2022 at 8:00pm

Finally got the rear axle, new leaf springs, Caltracs, and shocks installed and it looks like this! This was my fault for not getting measurements before I started. Jegs listed the Calvert part 101-34 as 68-74 Javelin compatible. This is obviously incorrect, but I somehow missed that when ordering them. Jegs is exchanging them for the correct 102-34 leaf springs! Well, as soon as I get the opportunity to get everything back out, that is.

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2022 at 11:08pm

16 months of work comparison picture! Not much longer until it’s roadworthy…
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2022 at 8:10pm
Not sure how to rotate the picture on here, but I did a lot more wiring and got the headers on. Also got the carb on and installed the throttle linkage and kickdown cable. Working on the shifter next!

1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2022 at 8:41pm
Was it easy for you to get your parts? There's been like eight times when I had to just make my own part.. 
I keep telling people I got a bad working situation for working on my rambler, and keep telling them how lucky they are, having a indoors work space, with a bench and a place for a vice, and flat ground for safely jacking up the car, and reasonable access to lots of power for welding ect... Buy I'll say it again my freind, your lucky you have that work space, don't know if you could easily do what you did in 16 months with your javelin in a spot like my rambler... I'll tell ya, you gotta have lots of bulldog in ya to spend two years working away at 13 degrees of an angle outdoors! 

Edited by 1958 rambler super - Nov/28/2022 at 8:53pm
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by 1958 rambler super 1958 rambler super wrote:

Was it easy for you to get your parts? There's been like eight times when I had to just make my own part.. 
I keep telling people I got a bad working situation for working on my rambler, and keep telling them how lucky they are, having a indoors work space, with a bench and a place for a vice, and flat ground for safely jacking up the car, and reasonable access to lots of power for welding ect... Buy I'll say it again my freind, your lucky you have that work space, don't know if you could easily do what you did in 16 months with your javelin in a spot like my rambler... I'll tell ya, you gotta have lots of bulldog in ya to spend two years working away at 13 degrees of an angle outdoors!

There’s been a few parts that took a while or I couldn’t find. I was pretty smart by buying most of the parts I needed earlier on before I was even ready to tackle the individual projects.

There are a lot of things I’ve done to just make things work, like the throttle cable connection to the gas pedal (which will be in an upcoming video on the YouTube channel). 

It’s definitely been a blessing to have a big shop to use for this project, but a 2-car garage would have been sufficient. I’m actually not going to have this shop for a whole lot longer and will be moving all the operations to my back yard. We’re building a 10x12 work shop, and the car will be under a temporary car port of sorts. I’ll definitely be doing my fair share of work outside when that happens. Even at the current shop, I only have a swamp cooler for the 115 degree days here in AZ, which brings it down to an icy 95 degrees. 

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2022 at 1:47pm

Got the wiring for the shifter light sorted out. Now I need to figure out how to run the shifter cable since it comes out of the front of the shifter. I did not account for this when mocking it up in the car with the console. ☹️
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2022 at 11:22pm
Was able to figure out how to get the shifter in the car with the console. Just took a little figurin’ and supposin’. I do however, have to figure out where to drill my hole for the shifter cable. I think it’s gonna be in the trans tunnel behind the center dash as much as possible. 

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2022 at 11:49am
Finally got the header bolt situation sorted out 100%. Had to buy an ARP set with 5/16” hex heads. Also finally stopped procrastinating on the fuel lines. Finished buttoning up the lines to the fuel tank. Haven’t decided yet if I want to get fuel injection hose clamps or not. 

WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2022 at 4:42pm

As usual, the photo uploader is killing it, but the transmission is officially rebuilt and back at the shop!
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2022 at 9:10pm
Cool! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic