TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Santa Maria, CA - Event Date: May/14/2021 - May/15/2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Santa Maria, CA
    Posted: May/17/2021 at 6:53pm
What a fun event, saw some old friends and made some new.
Mark Melvin and the Playmate showed up with the Playmate AMX from 1968!
We went for a drive to the gas station for a few gallons of the good stuff.
Hans and Rachel brought "Uncle Sam" a street racing AMX from Alabama.
Mark Fletcher brought his amazing 6,000 miles time capsule 1972 Javelin AMX with 401 auto and corduroy interior.

It still has the original cardboard dealer prep checklist on the sun visor.

The optional black surround around the taillights includes a black decal on the top of the bumper to complete the look.

It looks like AMC cheeped out on the trunk matt though, does this one look a little short?
It's the original!!!! And that's the original undercoating in the trunk too.

Tom

Edited by AMX390 - May/17/2021 at 7:13pm
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2021 at 11:18pm
A bunch of us from Los Angeles will be there. It would be good to see you again Joe, not that I'm trying to pressure you. It is a long drive.
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2021 at 1:00pm
It's actually the Pacific Gold Rush Rambler Club (here in northern California) that is putting on the show.  The show is being advertised as an orphan car show this here, largely due to the central California Mercury club (not the actual name of the club, sorry) participating last year.   Don't know if I will be there yet.  
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2021 at 12:52am
The Northern Cal Rambler guys are putting on an AMC show at the Radisson Inn at the Santa Maria, CA airport.
The show is going to be 15 MAY. I think they will have an "adventure trek" on 14 MAY.
I understand that they are inviting other "orphan" marques to the show on the 15th.
This is usually a nice little get-together...however...I think they should have left it in October, like they used to have it. I'm still going to go to the show anyway...but I will only have my DD '04 Grand Cherokee as my project Spirit hasn't been re-started yet.

g-man
AMC only daily driver
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic