TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Great Lakes Classic AMC Club Spring Riga Dust Off
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Great Lakes Classic AMC Club Spring Riga Dust Off - Event Date: May/08/2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagleman SX/4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Great Lakes Classic AMC Club Spring Riga Dust Off
    Posted: May/02/2021 at 9:27pm
Hey AMC Fans GLCAMC clubs annual Spring Dust Off , held at the Riga, Fire Hall.  As with every year when've had it, there is a car show, a few vendors, (bring you goodies to sell), the club buys a 6' Subway Sub, potluck 50/50 raffle too.  We also hold our monthly General Membership Meeting to catch up on the latest going on in a going club!  Then the Annual AMC Auction!!!

Starting in 2009 when we did the auction to raise money for the 2010 AMO show the GLCAMC hosted.  Then we had so much fun we continued it.  Monies raised to help with the 3 Drag Days we held at Milan Dragway to buy the meats for everyone..  Well, sadly Milan Dragway has closed!?!

So this year we will use monies raised to go towards the 34th Annual Greenmead show held at Greenmead Historical Park, in Livonia, MI August 22nd, 2021.  As the historical park is now under the Livonia City Council and there are price changes going up quite a bit.  Then we will continue to raise $$$ towards our 2022 Motor City Muster AMO Convention in the Dtown again August 10-13, 2022!

A good time to bring out items to donate to the auction, also a great time to bid on and win some exciting items you haven't had yet.  Maybe bring home the annual die cast Road Runner (of some 1/18th scale Chrysler that Tom Jettie brought years ago now..

This year due to COVID, we will not be able to hold our event inside the Fire Hall.  We will be outside, at the park that is there with pavilion.  There will be extra picnic tables (for social distancing), other tables for the food and auction items.

We will have a NEW Porta Pottie!  We will be the FIRST to use it.  So maybe for another club fund raising idea we could raffle off the privilege to be the FIRST per son to use it?

Hours are 9:00am - 3:00pm, lunch around 11:30am together.  Hope you have the time to come and enjoy our FIRST get together in a L O N G  time, looking forward to seeing you there.  Reminder dress appropriately as you can for Riga Dust Off weather.

NOTE:  The get together at Rick Jones' place will not be help after the Riga Dust Off, as Rick has other commitments..

IF you have ANY questions, let me know (as I still need LOTS of posts to get back to posting photos and such, now that the Eagleman used to be javelinman!

Blessings
Richard
1970GroceryGetter View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970GroceryGetter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2021 at 8:51am
Hi Rich, where is this Riga fire hall, I have never heard of such a place....  city, state? I’m a Michigan guy and new member of the GL club as well. 1970 Rebel wagon. 

Thanks! -Rudy 
1970GroceryGetter View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970GroceryGetter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2021 at 9:02am
Had never heard of Riga twp before today... you learn something new every day. Appears to be near blissfield Mi, down towards the state line w/Ohio, about just over an hour away from me. Car goes in to get some work done today, haven’t got my hand controls put in yet. Not sure if I’ll venture that far for a shakedown run, but it’s good to know for next year if nothing else. Maybe I’ll run down in my DD to meet some folks! 

I’m pretty Easy to spot, I’m the jarhead looking fella in the wheelchair. 

Looking forward to meeting you guys (and gals) and will absolutely be at green mead by hook or crook !

-Rudy 
Eagleman SX/4 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagleman SX/4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2021 at 10:12am
Don't need an AMC to be there of course, looking forward to officially meeting you 1970GroceryGetter!
Blessings
Richard
Eagleman SX/4 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagleman SX/4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2021 at 10:14am
Oh By the way...

Spring Dust Off @ the Riga Fire Hall is...

Saturday, May 8th 
9:00am - 3:00pm
That's what I get for posting so late at night...
Blessings
Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic