TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4speed Back Up Switch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TX390AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX390AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4speed Back Up Switch
    Posted: Nov/17/2021 at 7:46pm
Very creative! I made several of these switches years ago when Radio Shack was still in business, it's just a normally open contact switch that the shifter crossbar pushes against in Reverse. Done like a true Rambler mechanic!

Terry
Terry
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Rally Green
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Matador Red
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Calcutta   
   Russet
56 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2016 Can AM Spyder
55 Chev pickup
turdferguson View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turdferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2021 at 9:13pm
I made my own today.
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2021 at 8:55pm
I dug out my spare, and took a pic, but it looks like you got your answer. Here it is anyway, just in case someone needs to see what an original one looks like.
Cricket
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turdferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2021 at 7:25pm
Oh Man!
That's gold Jerry, gold!

Thanks again madams!
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2021 at 7:34am
The images came from AMC Parts Catalog F-14072 R3 which covers all models from 1967-1972

The PDF file is available for download at the link below

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turdferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 4:35pm
AHA!
Jesus I need to get the correct TSM, sorry guys. I only have a 1970 manual and it's just not cutting it for these very specific questions I'm running into these days. I did find a few on Ebay today. I'll be pulling the trigger on one tonight.

Thank you madamas
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 4:26pm
Here is the shot from the parts manual:

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turdferguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 12:14pm
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the switch on the T-10? Non-Hurst
My '68 AMX has nothing, and I've been wondering about this for weeks now.
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2021 at 11:03am
Ok, sorry I misunderstood....  The harness end that goes into the switch has the female bullet connectors.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2021 at 12:21pm
I just put in the new 5 speed and the original wires were green and brown at the transmission, just like the TSM wiring diagram. I also had a hard time years ago on the new wiring harness finding the connector but your post tweaked some grey matter so I checked the old harness.
I also checked under the dash this morning and the green/brown wires connect to the same brown/brown-white as on the original harness.
I have a 1969 AMC Hurst shifter and 4 speed that has the bracket for the reverse switch. It's different from the Hurst Competition Plus shifter that I also have. It does not have the reverse switch bracket. They both have the same bolt pattern to bolt to the transmission. I believe the Competition Plus I have is the aftermarket or dealer install version.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic