TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Idea - AMC Homecoming alternative - RA July 15-18
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Idea - AMC Homecoming alternative - RA July 15-18 - Event Date: Jul/15/2021 - Jul/18/2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 11:05am
A little incentive from the last time the Historic TA group was at RA...

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 10:59am

Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 10:09am
Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

"Bordering" on the political here guys...trying to keep this space safe and sane! :)

I withdraw my previous comment. The border to the North should only be closed to keep Tony and the Canadians out. This would help protect the supply of beer in the states.
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by mrblatzman mrblatzman wrote:

From reading this post, I gather that the American/Canadian border is closed and none of us can cross it, but 25,000 people from the other direction will be allowed to enter and never return home from places with little to no consideration given to this virus situation.....I'm confused !!!!!
Huh? Road America is in Elkhart lake, Wisconsin. What does that have to do with crossing the border? Confused

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 9:49am
"Bordering" on the political here guys...trying to keep this space safe and sane! :)

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 9:20am
Originally posted by mrblatzman mrblatzman wrote:

From reading this post, I gather that the American/Canadian border is closed and none of us can cross it, but 25,000 people from the other direction will be allowed to enter and never return home from places with little to no consideration given to this virus situation.....I'm confused !!!!!
Never mind.

Edited by Sonic Silver - Feb/16/2021 at 10:06am
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 8:52am
Thankyou....Bob
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2021 at 8:38am
I had a great conversation with the Road America Hospitality Coordinator. Road America is on-board with an event coinciding with the July Brian Redman International Challenge!

We are reviewing options for entry packages including Food vouchers, a show area, a commemorative windshield sticker, and potentially an on-track drive of some kind.

The track hosts all automotive groups from Ferrari owners, to Motorcycle clubs, so options are vast. I think the AMC enthusiasts would enjoy a more simple option like a package including track entry, a meal voucher, and an AMC specific show/parking area at the track. Perhaps a fan favorite show trophy?

There are also air-conditioned hospitality tents and many more options, but those all include a price. I think the AMC group is a burger and a brat sort of crowdWink

The tricky part at this point is estimating the number of cars/participants that will attend. There are a few ways to manage this, but it's outside my area of expertise. PM me if anyone has thoughts or experience with this or is willing to assist.

As we get more detail, I'll need to give this an 'official' name, and start a new thread as well as additional social media exposure.

Event Name idea,Admittedly, it's a bit long:

AMC TA Championship 50th anniversary at Road America

Cheers.

Edited by 343sharpstick - Feb/16/2021 at 9:00am
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2021 at 8:37pm
great idea .   will stay tuned 
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2021 at 11:26am
Good news, Road America has contacted me to discuss options, stay tuned!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic