TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Great AMC Day - Event Date: May/28/2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ajzamc360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Great AMC Day
    Posted: Jan/21/2021 at 9:05am
Great AMC Day is in full swing. 
Friday, May 28, 2021
Takes place at National Trail Raceway at 2650 National Rd SW, Hebron OH

gates at 8:30, vending and car show, as well as drag racing
Car & Driver : $75
Spectator, show, or vend: $15

Classes are 
AMC and Mopar (bodied or powered)
Stick Shift (doesn't matter as long as you have to row gears)
2nd chance (any non-amc/mopar or stick) (open to any car in attendance, winner take all)

Mike puts on a great time. I welcome anyone who has never attended to please come and enjoy a day of amcs, sunshine, and good times!

Edited by ajzamc360 - Jan/21/2021 at 9:18am
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2021 at 1:10pm
Thans AJ, you da man!!!
And just so everyone is aware.  GAD 2021 is the last year we will be hosting this event.
I am getting older and slower, and honestly just too much work for me to handle. my crew is also getting older and a couple of them now have major health issues.
So, if you have always thought, I'd like to go some time, and say Na, I'll go Next year.
they will NOT be a GAD 2022...
On that note.
Keep on AMCing.
Mike
sasyamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sasyamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2021 at 2:44pm
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2021 at 4:03pm
Such a great event! I'm so glad I made it all the way there in 2018 to hang out with so many great people!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
amxlonnie View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxlonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2021 at 9:27am
You better get back here this year ! jump that border !
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2021 at 11:30am
Hi Folks.
Elsa and I have been busy busy preparing behind the scenes for our Final GAD Event.
I spoke with Steve Tilson of the **Crazy Gringos**   also known as the GAD band..
they indeed will be playing for us Friday night at the Post party together..

Masks are you choice, Do what makes you comfy.. but i would Expect unmasked people in attendance if you are concerned.

I Don't think our Canadian Friends are going to be able to attend... the border atm is still closed from what i hear..

Looks like the POS is going to be able to play along this year...  on the down side to that tho... I will still be running the Jerico 4 spd. this season. too much fab work is needed to have the Liberty 5 spd. in by GAD date. so i plan to make that upgrade next winter.

Thanks to all that help with the event...
Mike..
oh yea, Elsa said there will be Lumpia (Spring rolls) at our get together at the house..
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by POS #1 POS #1 wrote:

I Don't think our Canadian Friends are going to be able to attend... the border atm is still closed from what i hear..
The border closure was just extended to 21 May and will probably be extended again after that.

If you've been reading the news, Ontario, the closest province to Ohio, is in it deep. You really don't want us anywhere near you.

Too bad, I always had the idea to do GAD"one of these years". Guess I've missed out on this one.

69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/21/2021 at 10:18pm
GAD is a fabulous time! I had high hopes to make it....those hopes have disappeared. :(
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 8:00am
Too bad it's on a Friday, I am heading back from Boston that weekend and was thinking about cutting a little further west before south to attend. Why do they plan this in a weekday? possible track schedule issue?
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 11:45am
Dave,
Gad was born back on Fran's site some 20 years ago.. i picked up the ball and rolled with it. the friday started with track rental cost.. 
we have did a Saturday 1 year to see if it help attendance.  
It did not help doing a saturday, and at that time, Saturday cost 1k more than a friday.. when you ask why do **THEY**.. there really isnt a They. it is ME.    that does this show...  WITH A LOT OF HELP FROM FELLOW AMCERS OVER THE YEARS..   either donations, sponsorship. or just helping at the vent... It IS NOT a club event, and there is no big corp to pay the bill. its all  on me....
Sorry you won't be able to join in the Great time we have...
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic