TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AC Assembly Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Assembly Questions
    Posted: Oct/30/2020 at 5:21pm
 I just got back the AC dryer from rebuild for my 70 and I need help with a couple of assembly items, when I removed the fitting between the drier and site glass there was a small valve that fell out I am not sure of the orientation what direction it goes in? The 70 TSM shows a picture but it's too dark to make out below is a picture does it go that way or the other. Second question there are what looks like O-ring seals on those parts one on the little valve, one in the brass fitting end where the site glass line goes on, are there just two O-rings for that assembly there was what looks like remains of a seal on the male end of the site glass line, are they regular rubber O-rings or special AC O-rings?

J

304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2020 at 5:45pm
Remove the valve on both ends it is not needed. It restricts more than helps. As it was used for precharged systems, to keep dryer sealed, at the factory
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:06am

Thanks that makes it easy!

J
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 7:08am
Make sure you put new o-rings on the joints when you break the connection to remove the check valves.....I never put them back in.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
Mach 5 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2021 at 9:43pm
curious on this. 

the fitting pictured. has an o ring on the spring valve. is there another oring on this fitting? is it inside the hose end? 

i have no idea whats suppose to be there as there was an oring stuck in that valve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic