TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gremlin Traction Woes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 6:13am
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

I also have a feeling the rear springs are a bit tired and it seems to sit lower in the drivers side, I have been thinking to swap left with right.
Do you have all the leafs strapped together? We machine little steel clamshells and bolt all the ends of the spring down tight to the main spring.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 11:01pm
These are the runs from a couple of weeks ago with a good track, also had the cut-down 6 cylinder front springs installed, which gives me a lot more extension in the front:

60' times were 1.75, 1.72 and 1.71, manages 1.68 on one of the other runs that wasn't in the film, which is a PB.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2020 at 7:35am
Awesome! Looks like your shifter is the same as the one in my Machine (console shift automatic).

-Steve-

WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/22/2020 at 8:11am
That’s the that shifter was used in the Aussie Hornets, I did file the gate to make it work with the reverse pattern valve body. Had a lot of trouble with shifting straight from 1st to 3rd before that.

Edited by WesternRed - Nov/22/2020 at 8:13am
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic