TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2021 CANCELED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2020 at 3:11pm
I had a room booked for 2020 and was able to cancel with no penalty. After this summer's events, I am seriously reconsidering re-booking for 2021 as Kenosha doesn't seem like a place I want to go to.

Yeah, it was uncommon, but has the city done anything to stop it from happening again? This event is essentially city sponsored; a tourism event. If they want tourists to go there, what assurances do I have, as a tourist, that it is safe? 
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by bigbad69 bigbad69 wrote:

I had a room booked for 2020 and was able to cancel with no penalty. After this summer's events, I am seriously reconsidering re-booking for 2021 as Kenosha doesn't seem like a place I want to go to.

Yeah, it was uncommon, but has the city done anything to stop it from happening again? This event is essentially city sponsored; a tourism event. If they want tourists to go there, what assurances do I have, as a tourist, that it is safe? 
I would post a response but I can’t do it without involving politics.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2020 at 5:43pm
I don't blame you.  Kenosha will be tainted for a long time.  Good job local pandering politicians.  They ruined a nice town.  There, I did it for you.

Edited by turbo - Nov/08/2020 at 5:52pm
they call me Capt RETIRED!
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2020 at 9:29pm
C'mon man, I'm sure they have a plan...LOL

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2020 at 7:09am
Originally posted by bigbad69 bigbad69 wrote:

I personally think you're being over critical of Kenosha and what will be 8 months from now. The people that caused all the problems in Kenosha were not from Kenosha. They came to town like they have all over the country just to see how big of a mess they can make and really don't care anything about what or who they destroyed. 

If you're worried and want assurances in life you should most definitely just stay home. All you have to do is turn on the news every evening and see what happens at Walmarts, Starbucks, McDonalds, and thousands of other places a year. There is no guarantee that something crazy won't happen at anytime or place in the World today.

Unfortunately Kenosha just happened to be the place that it happened to just like it has and will happen in other locations. So to reduce all possible chances of anything happening at anytime or place  just do nothing. Staying home might be the safest bet for you. Oh wait, I read in the news a few weeks ago about a couple that both got killed while sleeping in bed when a tree fell over there bedroom and crushed them to death.

I for one plan to live life and not let those who wish to cause trouble and destroy win. You're not made to live a 1000 years, so go enjoy life while you still can. Kenosha will be fine in July and I'll be there just like I was this year. Besure to stop by Captain Mike's or The Puzzle Bar for a refreshing beverage.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2020 at 8:25am
What Tom said, except I probably won't be there in 2021.

I cannot tolerate the White70 having to sit outside unattended while I sleep inside.

I suppose I could sleep in the back seat, (used to do that back int he 70s)

but then if it starts raining or something.... to me it's just not worth the risk.

Now, if I could only afford a trailer and tow vehicle...
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2020 at 1:30pm
Most of the Hotels in the Kenosha area are at what is refereed to as cross roads , the intersection of I-94  and Wisconsin state highway 50, all about 6.8 plus or minus miles from the center of Kenosha , where the meet is going to be held. The only major hotel in down town Kenosha is now a Wyndham Garden Hotel ( called Lakefront by long timers) , which has been under just about every major hotel chain at one time or another. Looks like Lakefront got a upgrade redo . It's been a dump , far as I was concerned , the walls are thin, and there are no fixes for that. Yes, it's close, but I'd never stay there even if the fixed up the place. They used to use it was the local college as dorm rooms if that tells you any thing. As for Kenosha like most places you just drive threw the rest of it. So, I really do not foresee any problem by summer. LRDaum
LRDaum
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2020 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

The only major hotel in down town Kenosha is now a Wyndham Garden Hotel ( called Lakefront by long timers) , which has been under just about every major hotel chain at one time or another. Looks like Lakefront got a upgrade redo . It's been a dump , far as I was concerned , the walls are thin, and there are no fixes for that. Yes, it's close, but I'd never stay there even if the fixed up the place. 
You are 100% correct about this hotel. We spent 3 nights there this past July and for $200 a night it's a dump. I am not sure about the redo, but in my opinion it needs another one. The walls are paper thin and lot of noise from the hallway. Only good thing about staying there is you're across the street from Captain Mike's and a half dozen other places to eat are within walking distance. I am looking to rent an Air-B&B the next July.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2020 at 8:34am
I've never been to Kenosha.

Is there any chance that a condo or house with a garage could be rented?

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2020 at 9:16am
It's been many years, but the only time I went to the Kenosha show we stayed in Racine per the hotel's address. But it seemed like we were still in Kenosha. I think it was about 8 miles north of the park where the show is held. There are a lot of newer options there and it's much cheaper than the lakefront hotel.

Pro Stock Tom's first post is dead on IMO. Just because lightning strikes the earth do you never leave home? Because you could get hit; it's possible.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic