TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New Hornet/Concord/Eagle wagon hatch hinges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 10:52am
UPDATE:

Sorry for the delayed response, life has pulled me away from the hobby for a while.

I've been in contact with the company working on these hinges.  They did successfully cast a replacement version but the strength was not up to their standards, so they were waiting for a CNC machine to arrive in order to make a stronger version.  COVID put a delay on the arrival of the equipment.  I've reached out to them just now and will follow up as soon as I receive a more current status update!
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
macdude443 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 11:51am
UPDATE UPDATE:

Due to the somewhat complex curvature of the original hinges (they have an OEM set on-hand), the company is planning to produce a 3D model via a 3D scanner before machining samples to test.  They only have access to the scanning equipment (it's not on-site), so it'll be done as soon as possible, then it'll move to the exciting part.. the machining phase.

We'll be receiving and installing a pair of sample sets to test.  I'll photograph these thoroughly.  The final hinges will be purchased through the company making them once complete.

Rich nor myself have any hands-on involvement in the production (or future sales) other than contacting the company, sending in an original set of hinges and keeping in contact with the progress / answering any questions they have.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
C_Frost View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the updates! 
Hatchery View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2021 at 7:00pm
Great news! Just had an arm stiffen and snap a hinge on my 85 Eagle, add me to the list!
69amx440 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69amx440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2021 at 5:30am
Interested in these! Thanks!
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2021 at 10:41am
UPDATE:

After some material delays due to the shortages we're probably all seeing these days, prototypes are being made!  Once these are complete they'll be test fitted and any adjustments made.  Here are some photos of the process as of today.  Thanks for your patience!

1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
86erfixer View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86erfixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2022 at 2:26pm
Ayyyyyyy yesssss pleeeezzzzzz!!!!!! Tired of using modified barn hinges!!

AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote macdude443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 8:18am
UPDATE:  I had to send some new measurements and adjustments to the shop to make sure the gasket with its wiring channel fit properly into the right side hinge.  I supplied a spare gasket so they could adjust their drawings.  I also noticed a difference in mounting boss length on the hatch side and compared this to a few other sets of hinges.  There is a slight difference in length between some sets.  We cannot pinpoint WHY that is exactly.  To compensate, the shop suggested tacking on a washer.  If not needed (hatch remains loose after installation) this washer can be removed and discarded.

After verifying fitment of the gasket and wiring, a pre-production set of hinges was supplied to myself and Richard for a final L/R test fitment.  Photos below show these various test fits on my White Eagle wagon and Richard's copper Eagle wagon.  I included some other photos showing the detail of the hinges.

The current process is applying a protective coating to the polished aluminum finish for longevity.  Once this is arranged, the shop will come up with a final cost to the customer per set.  The hinges will be sold through the shop.  

I will share info on pricing and how to purchase as soon as it becomes available to us!

Thanks for your interest!

Photos:

Edited by macdude443 - Apr/18/2022 at 8:28am
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon
1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
ditdit View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ditdit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2022 at 2:03am
thanks for the upgrade

ditdit.
1968 AMX 401/727
1984 Eagle 4.0 org owner
1988 Eagle (time machine)
1980 Jeep J10 (under restoration)                 Carolina AMC (Senior Member)
C_Frost View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_Frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2022 at 3:12pm
I cant wait to get my hands on a set of these. Thank you for all the updates!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic