TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

heater control valve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2019 at 2:55pm
OK, got me. What have I got in my car (69 base Javelin), came installed, but not connected but works fine:

72_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2020 at 6:26am
Thanks to everybody for the help. I finally got the heater working correctly. My control cable was broke so I found a guy local to make one after searching forever for a replacement and my control valve was worn out. Jim Tucker at heater control valve was able to repair it back to new state for 138.00. Now just need to start working on A/C.
being Alive is not the same as Living
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2020 at 3:46am
There is a paper catalog that Napa publishes called the "Napa TEMP products illustrated guide". It has photos and illustrations of different heater valves produced by Napa TEMP. I've seen some valves in there that look very close to the original AMC valve, or would at least function the same.

I hate heater valves. 
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
Ramzilla View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2020 at 8:33pm
I got four seasons heater valve 74662 on amazon for my SC Rambler. Fits firewall like original three bolts. Only different hose orientation enters from bottom exits passenger side. But should work fine. Hopes this helps those looking for one. I think the hose orientation is the same as AMX and Javelin.
Larry
SC Rambler
72_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2021 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Trader Trader wrote:

I could be wrong here, but I thought Four Seasons 74648 Heater Valve was a direct replacement?

I did order 1 of those from my parts guy. After it came in we knew it was not a replacement. He went back to a 1972 order book and checked. They simply reused the original part number. Also I used it while mine was in California the cable control works backwards open is closed etc. It would also have to be bolted to the firewall externally. Just some info
being Alive is not the same as Living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic