TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1982 AMC Concord: Project Sedate Sedan Sleeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 8:41pm
I drove my car around during Homecoming week like a daily driver and got real close to 16mpg! 

I'm very very pleased. My previous best was 15.5mpg.

It'll change once I swap the 2.76 axle in but still... Very happy with the mpg on a little 304 with a 500cfm carb. 

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2022 at 6:29pm
Well... As usual... Things didn't go to plan over the past 6 weeks. 

My fuel pump failed. My distributor failed. And my oil filter adapter started leaking really bad! 

So while I didn't get everything accomplished... I'm just glad I managed to get the car running in time for the Homecoming Show in Kenosha. And truthfully... It runs better than ever. After all this time... I think the distributor was suspect the entire time. 

BEFORE

AFTER

Distributor gear looked good... So we reused it even though I had all the parts for a complete Timing Cover and Cam/Dizzy gears service.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2022 at 2:27pm
Well Spring is here and things have started arriving on the front porch.

Next up is spindle drop plates, rubber strut rod bushings, Addco front sway bar, Redhead Quick Steer steering gear and new power steering box. Also be revisiting the front suspension a bit because it chirps (like a bird) over every bump and pot hole something fierce. I only have two sets of poly bushings in the front. The coil spring isolators and the strut rod bushings... and those are getting replaced. So... We're going to grease the coil spring and isolators with Super Lube this time when it goes back together.

Also adding the Hornet peg leg AMC 15 2.76 axle... although not posi it should give it a little shot in the arm in comparison to the original AMC 15 2.21 gear! 

There are some other things I'd like to do but I think this batch of parts will be all I can do before the Homecoming Show at the end of July! 

The Kenosha History Museum is really going all out this year because this year will be the 120th Anniversary of Jeffrey/Nash/Rambler/AMC.

I hope it will be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it..
1979amcspirit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979amcspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 8:23am
I wish they had AMC races here in canada
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

John, You need to come to the AMC Races in Cordova this year and we will go head to head. Hopped up 258 vs 304.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

I'd like to go Ollie. Maybe that can happen. Not sure yet! The Concord runs well. I think it could be tinkered with still. Not sure it can beat "anything" quite yet but if I make it we can certainly find out my friend! 😉
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 7:30am
Originally posted by 1979amcspirit 1979amcspirit wrote:

Nice car.. I really dig the colour! Also one thing I noticed was the lil chrome molding around the rear wheels... That caught my eye, are they stick to the Concord? My spirit has only the molding and not the lil wings... Very cool.

The wheel well trim is the thin stainless version from a 1979 Concord 2 door. My originals were the wider aluminum versions but they were in poor shape so I took them off. I added the mudflaps and the window ventshades as well to set off the rest of the chrome stuff. I'm really happy with the overall look. Especially the black top. I color coordinated everything the best I could.

Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 6:47am
John, You need to come to the AMC Races in Cordova this year and we will go head to head. Hopped up 258 vs 304.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
1979amcspirit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979amcspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 6:45pm
Nice car.. I really dig the colour! Also one thing I noticed was the lil chrome molding around the rear wheels... That caught my eye, are they stick to the Concord? My spirit has only the molding and not the lil wings... Very cool.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 12:46pm
While this might not be real exciting for most people... I managed to hit 15.5mpg with my Concord cruising around town and some minor county roads. This is the first fill up after getting the carb re-jetted and tuned at the end of last Fall just before winter set in. Now I'm curious what a fuel injection set up might offer. Mmmm? 

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2022 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

John,
I believe that our vehicles never get done.............hehehehehehe
Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

You got that right Ollie!

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Love that color.

Thank you very much! It's been my favorite color for nearly 30 years now! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic