TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMO 2020 - Event Date: Jun/17/2020 - Jun/20/2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2019 at 8:33am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

That's bad and great news Cam, so glad to hear she has improved! I also missed this years show and was bummed about it but look out CO! lol

I was wondering whether you made it to Gateway, Tony.

Colorado Springs is a cool town, and of course the proximity to Rambler Ranch will make it very special.  It's also a relatively easy 10 hour drive for me, so that will be nice.

I stopped in Colorado Springs in 2014 on the way back from Charleston, SC. It's a beautiful place and look forward to going back!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 11:26pm
huh, Colo Springs. though i'm constitutionally opposed to planning anything that far ahead, i added it to my calendar. so much AMC stuff is back east, a bit far. i've got friends in Santa Fe NM, i'll drive up 25 in a few hours from there. Rambler or roadster. june isn't too hot yet.

i haven't been to an AMO National since St. Louis in... 1998 or whenever it was. drove up from Tucson with the Cactus Cruisers crowd, including John Elle in his stupid-fast Spirit. i had my '75 V8 Levi's Gremlin.

i look forward to meeting a bunch of you. too bad you're not driving in billd, would love to see your work up close.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 11:48pm
I will be there - likely with the SX4 behind the pickup. Doubtful it will be in the show - as far as judging. Can't take a car "restored" that many years ago and driven that many thousands of miles up against cars that have never actually seen a highway since being fully redone - rotisserie type restorations when mine was never stripped on the underside. By next year mine will have been put together over 5 years, the interior 7 years old by then, so...... can't sit next to cars only 3 years since being done. Paint is already showing its age. 

My wife MAY come along although she'll spend most of her time in the hotel or sight-seeing the area.
When I got back from the show this summer she asked where it is next year - I told her. 
She said she'd never been into the Rocky Mountains - other than flying over.......... and she asked if I wanted company on the way. Sure, are you kidding? She'll likely take her sewing machine and a bunch of stuff to work on but will want to see the sights, too. She dislikes car shows - they bore her. 
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 11:58pm
other than the 75 Levi's Gremlin, i've never had a "restored" car. probably obviously so. i won't be showing, if there's  field i'll pay to be on it, etc. my cars are all experienced heavy drivers.

it would be great to meet you.

CO is imho the northern, eastern, edge of the part of the US that i have found fascinating since my first exposure to it as a 15 yr old Massachusetts kid. deserts high and low. if your wife doesn't mind driving there's flatly amazing terrain to see, utterly alien relative to the midwest! a random loop west and back from Colo Sprgs would be beautiful (but you could do a wee bit of research and make it non-random :-)

my agonizing choice will be, do i go through Santa Fe and friends? (i see often)? or drive through UT and CO that i rarely drive? i think i just answered my question.

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2019 at 8:33am
Originally posted by tomj tomj wrote:

other than the 75 Levi's Gremlin, i've never had a "restored" car. probably obviously so. i won't be showing, if there's  field i'll pay to be on it, etc. my cars are all experienced heavy drivers.

it would be great to meet you.

CO is imho the northern, eastern, edge of the part of the US that i have found fascinating since my first exposure to it as a 15 yr old Massachusetts kid. deserts high and low. if your wife doesn't mind driving there's flatly amazing terrain to see, utterly alien relative to the midwest! a random loop west and back from Colo Sprgs would be beautiful (but you could do a wee bit of research and make it non-random :-)

my agonizing choice will be, do i go through Santa Fe and friends? (i see often)? or drive through UT and CO that i rarely drive? i think i just answered my question.

Tom, I'm near Sedona Az and am hoping to drive my '72 Javelin up to COS. If you're interested maybe we could caravan up from here or could meet somewhere like Flagstaff. Suzanne and Matt Edmonds are in Flag and have several AMCs they drive, so maybe they'd like to join in? Haven't talked to any of the Cactus Cruiser crowd yet, but we have some drivers in there too. COS is about 11-12 hours from here via I-40/25. I-25 north of Santa Fe is beautiful country and doesn't have a lot of traffic on it between Santa Fe and Pueblo CO.

Edited by CamJam - Sep/15/2019 at 8:40am
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2019 at 9:39pm
hey that sounds like a plan, man! i'm open to that. sounds fun.

Flag is my W to E stopping point. i often camp at Sunset Crater Volcano Nat'l Monument (Bonito Campground i think it is). so anywhere Sedona to Flagstaff is easy for me. OK it's a bit early for details but yeah i'll watch this board, PM me, email is tom at sr-ix.com.

good idea!

there's a lot of great driving up there.

Trans Canada View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trans Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2019 at 5:04pm
Pull through campgrounds near the host hotel?
If any knows ....mean while  will google earth it
Trans Canada View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trans Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2019 at 5:11pm
First time on here in a while .....first I’m sorry to here your troubles Cam ......missed seeing all you guys in St Louis
It was fricken HOT!!!
Does anyone know if they have 
Pull through campgrounds near the host hotel?  (Colorado)
If any one knows ...
I might need to bring my Dogs do to the length of this trip
Will try enter address &.mean google earth it. :)
390amx1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390amx1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2019 at 11:33am

Disapprove I wont make CO in 2020, its just a little too far to drive from Cleveland in the 69 BBB w/o air.  I did make it from Cle to St. Louis and back (1300 miles) this summer in it though...  Word to the wise NEVER, NEVER, take a long road trip on older TA radials in a car or you will be replacing at least two of them on the way and most likely in the middle of nowhere (ask me how I know).  See everyone in Kenosha though!

69 BBB 390 Tremec 5-speed AMX #13584 since 1978 (166,000 miles)
08 Zo6 Corvette
22 Ram 1500
24 CT5-V Blackwing #317
Yamaha Supercharged Jet Ski's
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2019 at 1:03pm
2020-Kenosha, yes. AMO, too far, not this time.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic