TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Engine Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75Cj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Heavy 488 Heavy 488 wrote:

I believe he's looking for the non- metallic that came after the EN66

Ah gotcha, well this will help eliminate one then. ;-)
1975 CJ5
AMC 304
Stink View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 10:57am
Thanks- do you see the pic from Hurst390 above? That’s the color of mine, including the oil dipstick. I’ll call Amark but I don’t see this color on their site. Also wondering if this is an oddball color AMC used at the factory or if (like you suggested) a previous owner just used whatever the parts store had on the shelf...
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 11:33am
AMARK View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 11:54am
I will have more poly blue in stock in 2 weeks.
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 2:21pm
The color posted of the engine I built is a 73-up color
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 2:50pm
Another for an 80 AMX
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Stink Stink wrote:

Thanks- do you see the pic from Hurst390 above? That’s the color of mine, including the oil dipstick. I’ll call Amark but I don’t see this color on their site. Also wondering if this is an oddball color AMC used at the factory or if (like you suggested) a previous owner just used whatever the parts store had on the shelf...

If you want the correct paint for 69, it is not the light blue that you described and is pictured in this thread.  Since that's what you asked about duplicating that's what you're getting in replies.  Not sure why you want to duplicate incorrect, but that's up to you.  The correct color is the 69 metallic.  And Amark is the only place to buy it AFAIK.  If you want it "correct".  If not, buy the Seymour EN66 spray cans and be close but too green.  But closer than the light blue non metallic that you're chasing after.

Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 8:02pm

Since importing is expensive and a pain, I find the CarQuest AMC Blue Metalic to be quite close in my minds eye. They have to mix it in the store:

Please excuse the dust as it has several thousand miles on it and it's been a while since cleaning.

Edited by Trader - Apr/22/2021 at 8:05pm
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 9:38pm
If you want the correct colour, go to Amark. It's the poly blue.

Otherwise, engine paint is just paint, nothing special. The factories did not use high heat paint on their engines. You can get any colour you want mixed up. If you need it in a spray bomb, get it done. My local paint store does it. Check with yours. This is not rocket science.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
H60 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 9:55pm
I agree I just had 2 spray cans mixed at local auto paint store in 1968 Caravelle blue for my engine. Cost was $19 bucks a can. They mix anything 
Mike 1968 Blazerblue 390,4sp AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic